More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I didn't see the final, but if their determination to play dead instead of playing football was what did for them, it was a good day for football.

ludermor

This has turned into one of the funniest threads ever on GAABoard, Olly would be embarrassed by some of the responses.

Whishtup

Still no reply from any of the accusing buffoons about any of those incidents, only unfounded sweeping sweeping statements, determined to drive it into the smallest club in Tyrone.

Sandino

We this thread was dead on its feet many pages ago. I have to say I was wrong when I said it was not bias against Derrytresk just because they were from Tyrone. Some of the posts in the last few pages are just plain silly. Acusing Derrytresk of diving etc. There are at least three or four red card offences in that video. To those who argue still that there were no red card offences in that video I have to say I never thought that Tyrones 3 All Ireland victories in 6 years would get to you so much.

So turn your bile from a small club like Derrytresk and turn it to Tyrone where you were wanting to direct it all along.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Whishtup on February 14, 2012, 09:39:49 AM
Still no reply from any of the accusing buffoons about any of those incidents, only unfounded sweeping sweeping statements, determined to drive it into the smallest club in Tyrone.

Bullshit is in the eye of the (embittered) beholder(s)!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Sidney

Quote from: Sidney on February 14, 2012, 01:18:22 AM
My take on the incidents is in bold:

Quote from: Whishtup on February 13, 2012, 11:30:12 PM
1.Bad tackle . Joe McKee is pushed+tripped by two Dromid players and springs up again.
You'd be very lucky to get away with a yellow card for that.

Meant to to say you'd be lucky to get away without a yellow card. Wasn't a red card offence obviously. That just leaves the four from that video.

Hardy

Quote from: rrhf on February 14, 2012, 10:29:29 AM
I laugh at Hardys "boot in boot out" approach.   Its so 1996!

You can do better than that.

Wait a minute ... maybe you can't.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sandino on February 14, 2012, 09:54:34 AM
We this thread was dead on its feet many pages ago. I have to say I was wrong when I said it was not bias against Derrytresk just because they were from Tyrone. Some of the posts in the last few pages are just plain silly. Acusing Derrytresk of diving etc. There are at least three or four red card offences in that video. To those who argue still that there were no red card offences in that video I have to say I never thought that Tyrones 3 All Ireland victories in 6 years would get to you so much.

So turn your bile from a small club like Derrytresk and turn it to Tyrone where you were wanting to direct it all along.

The video highlights two things.
1. Declan O'Sullivan should probably have been sent off.
2. Derrytresk are very theatrical. There are about 6 or 7 incidents in that video I would say? I would say 4 of them are vastly exaggerated. Even the referee told a derrytresk man to get up at one point and when do you ever see that?!

This thread has got ludicrous with quite a lot of people saying Derrytresk are being victimised. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but that video does not show Derrytresk in a good light in any way and it was obviously intended to do so. It's a big failure in that regard.

Yes Derrytresk have been treated extremely harshly and there are two sides to it but they are not complete angels either.

Incidentally irrespective of whether that photo was real or not the very fact that so many people questioned it highlights the fact that it should not be used for evidence. Photos have no context anyway.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2012, 10:41:31 AM
Incidentally irrespective of whether that photo was real or not the very fact that so many people questioned it highlights the fact that it should not be used for evidence. Photos have no context anyway.

No, it means that more than a few anatomical or photographical 'experts' should seek new lines of employment.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Applesisapples

Time to let it go. The video compilation is as pathetic as the Dromid Pr machine and the media's reaction to what remains an innocuous enough bit of pushing. When all's said and done the pitch invasion was the final straw, and probably sealed the deal for the CCC.

ONeill

I'm told that Derrytresk were unaware that no runners were allowed during the game - only finding out minutes before the game started. I suppose the CHC's directions did cover that:

Cumann Dhoire Treasc Fir an Chnoic –
(a) the Club are ineligible to compete in the Provincial or All-Ireland Club Championships for the next 5 years.
(b) The Club can play in the AIB All-Ireland Club Junior Gaelic Football Final on Sunday next with the following restrictions:
i. Only the Bainisteoir, Rúnaí-Sealadach, Doctor (if any) and Physiotherapist (if any) may enter onto the pitch area before the game, at half-time or in the immediate aftermath of the game.
ii. Water Carriers shall be provided by the CCCC.
iii. During the course of the game, the Runai-Sealadach shall remain in the stand with the substitutes.
iv. Only the Team Manager shall be permitted on the sideline.
(c) A fine of €2,500 was imposed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 14, 2012, 10:52:55 AM

No, it means that more than a few anatomical or photographical 'experts' should seek new lines of employment.

Ha, I guess you're right and they should bow to your superior knowledge ::)

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 14, 2012, 10:52:55 AM

To be fair FoSB, I think the gaaboard should take the same stance on the '69 moon-landing. If enough of us question it, it shouldn't be used as proof.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

So let's say there are no questions over the photos authenticity.

Can it, or should it,be used as evidence with no context behind it?

Sidney

2. Derrytresk are very theatrical. There are about 6 or 7 incidents in that video I would say? I would say 4 of them are vastly exaggerated. Even the referee told a derrytresk man to get up at one point and when do you ever see that?!
You try taking a full force punch to the stomach, a targetted upper body challenge to the head when you are fully committed to the ball, or a punch to the face while lying on the ground. See how quickly you get up. Not very I'd guess.

Yes Derrytresk have been treated extremely harshly and there are two sides to it but they are not complete angels either.
Is anybody making that claim?