More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmKAV0y6Yg

Thats a slow mo vid posted on youtube. Very clearly the DT guy with the clipboard can be seen kicking out at the DP number 4 who was going down on the ball with his back turned to take the sideline which got everything going.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on January 25, 2012, 05:19:26 PM
I was at the ulster semi and final. Those 2 games had men sent off for off the ball stuff. In the ulster semi eire ogs top forward hit out after bou1 min. Spot a theme?

So why are you asking if Derrytresk are well versed in the "dark arts"? You were at the games, you tell us. Did you see any evidence of this in the games you were at? I dont understand what your point is, if you saw Derrytresk play at close quarters twice, you should be well able to make a definitive judgement on their style of play stating examples of what the players did wrong, instead of making silly innuendos about dark arts.
That was never a square ball!!

Armamike

P
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 06:31:23 PM
Quote from: Armamike on January 25, 2012, 05:19:26 PM
I was at the ulster semi and final. Those 2 games had men sent off for off the ball stuff. In the ulster semi eire ogs top forward hit out after bou1 min. Spot a theme?

So why are you asking if Derrytresk are well versed in the "dark arts"? You were at the games, you tell us. Did you see any evidence of this in the games you were at? I dont understand what your point is, if you saw Derrytresk play at close quarters twice, you should be well able to make a definitive judgement on their style of play stating examples of what the players did wrong, instead of making silly innuendos about dark arts.

You are a bit touchy on this. When a team has players continually seny off again them its a fair question to ask.
That's just, like your opinion man.

BennyHarp

Armamike, I'm not in the slightest bit touchy, im just a bit confused why you are asking this question about Derrytresk when you saw them at first hand. You don't need to assume anything - you saw for yourself - why don't you give specific examples of what you saw in the two games that led you to make the accusations of Derrytresk indulging in dark arts throughout this campaign?

Armamike

In the 2 games i saw players react to sumthing off the ball and get lined. I dont know why, probably would have needed to be in the close vicinity to know. Its a discussion board, not a court of law so we are allowed to speculate or pose the question.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tyronefan

Quote from: Armamike on January 25, 2012, 08:12:07 PM
In the 2 games i saw players react to sumthing off the ball and get lined. I dont know why, probably would have needed to be in the close vicinity to know. Its a discussion board, not a court of law so we are allowed to speculate or pose the question.

how do you know if they were reacting or instigating

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on January 25, 2012, 08:12:07 PM

But surely after two games you'd have seen something to back up your point. You watched Derrytresk twice and can't give one example of them using "dark arts", except that one of their players got hit. Yet you still feel the need to suggest that this is something they do on a regular basis. That just seems a bit strange to me.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2012, 04:19:12 PM
Up Colm O'Rourke!

i'll second that...hopefully there will be a massive row on sunday in the Dr McKenna and take the pressure of derrytresk and all them Tyrone tea...f**k, hang on there...
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

JUst retired

Bring the row forward to Saturday, and we can watch the match as well. :D

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Dromid upping the ante

Dromid Pearses have revealed a further press release relating to the violent clashes in the All-Ireland Junior Football Championship semi-final between the club and Derrytresk, thanking their supporters and leaving the resolution of the issue in the hands of the CCCC.

Dromid were beaten by Tyrone side Derrytresk 1-10 to 0-7 in Portlaoise, but the game was marred by fights and brawls. As a result of the violence, several Dromid players were injured and a CCCC investigation is pending.

The club has also called for violence at GAA matches to be clamped down upon as a result of the disturbing scenes the club was involved in.

The statement also states in no uncertain terms that Dromid feel the game should have been called off as a result of the melee which followed the final whistle.

THE FULL PRESS RELEASE READS:

"Cumann Peile Piarsaigh na Dromoda would like to thank all those who have supported us through the recent days and wish to advise all media outlets that this will act as our final public statement regarding the events that occurred at last Sundays All Ireland Junior Football Championship Semi-final in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise.

"It is now in the hands of the officials of Croke Park and in the hands of the C.C.C.C. We are issuing this statement in order to prevent any further confusion on the matter and hope this will clarify matters for all concerned, we also trust that a review of the footage of last weekend's game will speak for itself.

"In light of the game that occurred on Sunday last in Portlaoise, we felt that the issue of violence and public scenes of disturbance at GAA fixtures needed to be highlighted and acted upon in an official capacity.

"This incident has left us, our team, management and club as a whole feeling quite disturbed having enjoyed our run throughout this fantastic competition to date, and we are saddened that it culminated in the events of last Sunday.

"However the fact that so many people were placed in danger cannot be left unnoticed.

"Failure to highlight issues such as this to us is no longer an option, Piarsaigh na Dromoda's management and players have put their heart's and soul's into this competition and stand by the fact that we believe that last Sunday's game should have been called off immediately after the incident that occurred on the pitch, that saw many individuals enter the field and partake in the melee that occurred.

"It has taken much courage on behalf of our club to press ahead with this issue, as we feel it is a serious one. Challenges like this can be perceived as "sour grapes" but as our spokesperson has made clear from the outset, this issue has nothing to do with the final score in this game and who has won or lost but chooses instead to emphasise that the likes of last Sundays incident has no place in the GAA and that the safety of players, referee's and spectators is paramount.

"We stand very firmly by the fact that this is not an issue of Kerry versus Tyrone or anything of the kind.

"We wish to make clear that had this occurred with any other team that we would feel the same.

"We have the greatest of respect for Tyrone football and all they have achieved but incidents such as last Sundays [sic] cannot be tolerated by anyone or any team regardless of what county or province they represent.

"Finally to clarify our stance on the issue, we feel that the events of last Sunday should never have occurred and that it has highlighted issues that need to be examined from a health and safety point of view as well as the ramifications that it has on the GAA as an entity.

"However the players, management and supporters of Cumann Peile Piarsaigh na Dromoda are all united in the knowledge that the CCCC will deal with this and assign appropriate punishment to those who instigated events."

orangeman

More pressure on CCCCCCCC and GAA to act. Not good form.

AZOffaly

Quote"Cumann Peile Piarsaigh na Dromoda would like to thank all those who have supported us through the recent days and wish to advise all media outlets that this will act as our final public statement regarding the events that occurred at last Sundays All Ireland Junior Football Championship Semi-final in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise.

Here's hoping.

orangeman

Kerry chairman and secretary are mad to get giving witness evidence to any investigation. Today's Indo :

Meanwhile, current Kerry chairman Patrick O'Sullivan, who attended the game, has expressed the wish that he will be called to give evidence as part of any investigation that the Central Competitions Control Committee will launch.

"I am hoping that I will be called to the inquiry that has now been launched so as I can make my views known along with the county secretary (Peter Twiss)," said O'Sullivan.

"We may be of assistance and could help clear up a few matters."

BennyHarp

Feck me thats a big pile of sanctimonious shite.