Why always me? - The Madness of Mario

Started by Mayo4Sam, January 19, 2012, 12:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Can't actually believe what I'm reading here. It is 100% intentional how can you defend that movement of his right leg back at speed? I support Liverpool and I think balotelli is lethal to be honest I like him a lot, but ths was intentional. Been charged by fa now 4 game ban!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: supersub on January 23, 2012, 07:12:02 PM
Can't actually believe what I'm reading here. It is 100% intentional how can you defend that movement of his right leg back at speed? I support Liverpool and I think balotelli is lethal to be honest I like him a lot, but ths was intentional. Been charged by fa now 4 game ban!
Bad news for Liverpool as Dzeko,Aguero will start on Wednesday now.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

EC Unique

The FA obviously did not cunsult the 'experts' on the GAA Board. ::) ::)

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Minder

Rooney should be banned for that dive yesterday.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: trileacman on January 23, 2012, 08:25:10 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 23, 2012, 08:20:46 PM
The FA obviously did not cunsult the 'experts' on the GAA Board. ::) ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvZ389nsCE

That a red too?

Alan Shearer in that video - "In England we never do that with referees." What utter, utter bollocks. The sight of Rooney himself tearing up the pitch, arms raised, screaming at the ref for the Kompany tackle is ignored whereas Mancini waves an imaginary card and is lambasted. Rank hypocrisy.

On another note, I hope 'Arry facking Redknapp goes down. Comes across as a contemptible bastard who's so pally with half the people in the media it's borderline blasphemy to criticise him.

Bingo

Its amazing that lescott gets off for his elbow yet mario is charged. Maybe the ref claimed he seen it and dealt with it at the time or maybe it's all about his passport like lampards this season, rooneys elbow on McCarthy last season etc etc

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Bingo on January 23, 2012, 08:56:06 PM
Its amazing that lescott gets off for his elbow yet mario is charged. Maybe the ref claimed he seen it and dealt with it at the time or maybe it's all about his passport like lampards this season, rooneys elbow on McCarthy last season etc etc
Lescott is lucky to get off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43EZsEWdlNQ

Bingo

It gets better, the ref didn't see lescotts but on review said he wouldn't have sent him off for it, priceless  :D

The Worker

The FA are so selective in these charges it stinks.

Mont

fantastic talent and someone the media love because you could write a story on him every day.
deliberate stamp but you get these things with misunderstood superstars.

A ban would give him a rest and leave him fresh for the rest of the season.

nrico2006

Don't know how there is any dispute over this as he throws his leg back something serious and that wouldn't be the type of movement you would be trying when attempting to regain balance.  As for the player himself, I hate these comparisons that are made between him and the like of Cantona etc, Ballotelli isn't in the same league and is hugely overrated considering all he has done so far in his career.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Applesisapples

Quote from: hardstation on January 23, 2012, 03:46:01 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 23, 2012, 03:39:02 PM
My wife who knows nothing about football and cares even less saw this yesterday as it happened and in her opinion it look accidental. I have to say I did to until the boys replayed it and replayed it and convinced me otherwise.
Indeed.
The point I'm making is she would have no preconceived notions about City or Ballotelli. Personally I can't stand either. It is just possible that he did not mean to stamp and the Ref who saw it in real time called it right. It is too easy to slow down video to make actions seem more premeditated.