Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: LeoMc on May 21, 2012, 09:46:17 AM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 21, 2012, 01:29:09 AM
Quote from: big balla on May 20, 2012, 02:53:42 PM
I know its a vague enough rule, but they are gonna try and stop it going through and obviously feel that this is gonna do it. The assossiation has been running for longer than the career of SJ and the rules are there for the greater good. The allegiance to home club or county is what has helped make it so strong and, in my opinion, should be preserved.
The ethos of the GAA  is changing and is going to continue to.if he says he,s living in Kildare and gave all the evidence to prove so,why have they stopped it,this decision was probably made by a bunch of clowns who never played the game and who get great perks for attending these meetings(good expenses,free meals,tickets etc)

Now you measure your contribution up against these "bunch of clowns"
http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/miscellaneous/Committees%202012%20-%202015%20%2828_04_2012%29.pdf
Some heavy weights on the "Standing Committee on the Playing Rules"..
#newbridgeornowhere

Stevie g 8

I know its a vague enough rule, but they are gonna try and stop it going through and obviously feel that this is gonna do it. The assossiation has been running for longer than the career of SJ and the rules are there for the greater good. The allegiance to home club or county is what has helped make it so strong and, in my opinion, should be preserved.
The ethos of the GAA  is changing and is going to continue to.if he says he,s living in Kildare and gave all the evidence to prove so,why have they stopped it,this decision was probably made by a bunch of clowns who never played the game and who get great perks for attending these meetings(good expenses,free meals,tickets etc)

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/miscellaneous/Committees%202012%20-%202015%20%2828_04_2012%29.pdf
My point proven,there not doing it for the good of their health.great perks as I say.give me the man that cuts the field anyday over these ego driven suits

Lar Naparka

I think we have a classic case of the unstoppable force meeting the immovable mass here.
Am I right in saying that the core problem is Seanie's assertion that he meets all the requirements necessary to allow him to transfer to St Kevins?
He claims he has done so while the CCCC has ruled that he has not.
To put it simply, differences of opinion over Residency and Ethos appear to be the main issue.
IMO, the former is objective and the latter subjective in nature.
In more intelligible English, there should be no problem in deciding the credibility of his claim that he is a resident of Kildare.
I think he has provided the proof. He hhas met the letter of the law if not the spirit.
While I don't believe him, he seems to have, on paper at least, provided evidence to back his claim.
If I was a member of the CCCC, I'd have to say "Yes" even if it stuck in my craw to vote in his favour. Under the rules of the association, he has proved his claim.
I think he has shown a complete lack of cop on in the way he went about seeking his transfer. He didn't seems to understand that he had to move clubs before he could qualify as a county player. That's a fundamental mistake and so is the fact that he didn't have evidence to hand to prove he was actually residing in Kildare.
I don't think he conferred with his contacts in Kildare before he made his initial move.
I doubt that McGeeney & co. realised he was going to show up for the celebrations after the victory over Tyrone.
If he had any oil in his lamp he should have realised that he was being his own worst enemy all along. But I feel he has fulfilled the requirements necessary to qualify under the Residency rule.
Ethos is another matter and eaves itself open to interpretation. I think he has contravened the regulations here but that really depends on the credibility of his claim to be residing in Straffan.
It's impossible to predict what is going to happen next but I feel the controversy is going to continue for a while longer.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

LeoMc

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 21, 2012, 11:14:49 AM

My point proven,there not doing it for the good of their health.great perks as I say.give me the man that cuts the field anyday over these ego driven suits

And how was it proven?
And maybe you will measure your contribution to the GAA against that of these "ego driven suits"
There are quite a few names I am not familiar with but of the ones I do know there are many years of service at club, county and national level, as players, as administrators, as board rep's.

AZOffaly

That's funny. 'My Point Proven' :D Lads who never played the game  :)

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2012, 02:24:46 PM

I'm on one of those committees and I can't wait to see these 'perks' we're supposedly getting. Happy days. I thought I was giving my time for nothing and getting there at my own expense.

LeoMc

Quote from: heffo on May 21, 2012, 02:30:04 PM

I'm on one of those committees and I can't wait to see these 'perks' we're supposedly getting. Happy days. I thought I was giving my time for nothing and getting there at my own expense.

Ego driven suit. ;D

AZOffaly

He is though, to be fair. Sure he thinks he's Kevin Heffernan.

heffo

Dinny Breen

I've seen your Golf clubs Heffo, no way you paid for them.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ohtoohtobe

I'm against this transfer on principle but find it fascinating that Croke Park will move heaven and earth to stop a player transferring to Kildare when they batted scarcely an eyelid when Thomas Walsh transferred to Wicklow, for example. Didn't hear too much talk of ethos then.

mup

Walter Mitty more like

heffo

Quote from: mup on May 21, 2012, 05:57:33 PM

Walter Mitty more like

Lots of lads on here know my name and can confirm it's on that list..

mup

Quote from: heffo on May 21, 2012, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: mup on May 21, 2012, 05:57:33 PM

Walter Mitty more like

Lots of lads on here know my name and can confirm it's on that list..

Yea sound job. So am I.

big balla

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2012, 08:07:21 AM
Quote from: trileacman on May 20, 2012, 02:46:22 PM
To be fair to Johnston he wasn't chasing medals he was chasing football. The arguments on here seem to be about how Seanie left Cavan looking for glory. He was forced out of the team and coming to the final years of his prime playing career he felt he needed somewhere to go to make something of his undoubted talent.

If Andrews hadn't have been a bollix and Johnston was still on the Cavan panel we wouldn't have the current situation. If Johnston didn't feel the need to leave a struggling Cavan squad 4 years ago he would harbour the idea of doing so, especially when it appears a decent draft of young players look like changing their fortunes.

If that was truly the case why not transfer to Longford, Roscommon, Monaghan or somewhere closer to him like that? Kildare is an awful long way to go 'chasing football'.

For a lad that's "chasing football" he hasn't played a game since the Ulster Club with the Gaels last October