Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 12, 2012, 09:35:51 AM
If 33 votes to 3 is accurate then doesn't look like he had any choice. I've heard nothing yet to say he walked. We've been here before and it leaves a bad taste. I think it was a bad move although I have not found andrews to be making much headway.

Maybe one of the selectors will take over.  Terry will be busy with the U21s so that leaves Stephen to take up the reins?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 12, 2012, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 12, 2012, 09:35:51 AM
If 33 votes to 3 is accurate then doesn't look like he had any choice. I've heard nothing yet to say he walked. We've been here before and it leaves a bad taste. I think it was a bad move although I have not found andrews to be making much headway.

Maybe one of the selectors will take over.  Terry will be busy with the U21s so that leaves Stephen to take up the reins?

That would be one way to punish the players for their actions!

Hardy

AQMP

Which one of the players would like to take over?

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on April 12, 2012, 12:09:51 AM
This must be a big relief for Seanie.
He can play for Cavan again!
Yay!

That will be big mileage for him, coming up from Straffen 3-4 times a week ::)

Jinxy

Leave Cavan town for Straffan at 4pm.
Back in Cavan for 7pm training, home in Straffan by 11pm.
It'll be tight, but all he wants to do is play football so I'm sure he'll figure something out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Rumour has it he had to stop off for a meeting on his way home to Kildare as well.

sams the aim

Taut u were not commenting on him again myles ;)

Westside

Quote from: sams the aim on April 12, 2012, 02:39:58 PM

Just reading your posts from your profile here sams the aim.. You seem to be particularly interested in the subject of Sean Johnston, in fact every single one of your 31 posts over the 3 years you've contributed refer to him, insight into his mindset and injuries.

It's almost as if.......

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Westside on April 12, 2012, 02:57:58 PM
Quote from: sams the aim on April 12, 2012, 02:39:58 PM

Just reading your posts from your profile here sams the aim.. You seem to be particularly interested in the subject of Sean Johnston, in fact every single one of your 31 posts over the 3 years you've contributed refer to him, insight into his mindset and injuries.

It's almost as if.......

:) well spotted westside, some interestin reading through them posts lol
wouldnt like to be caught calling mccabe lazy.......(among other stuff)... :)

mylestheslasher

Sam might be the aim - but does it matter with which county?

Celt_Man

He's gone...

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2012/04/12/4010004-andrews-resigns-as-cavan-manaer/

Andrews resigns as Cavan manager

Val Andrews has resigned as manager of the Cavan senior football team with immediate effect, The Anglo-Celt can reveal.

Andrews stepped down this morning and, the Celt understands, moves are already afoot to appoint a new management team.

County board chairman Tom Reilly paid tribute to Andrews for his contribution over the past 18 months and for "his courageous decision to step aside for the good of Cavan football".

Reilly denied that the players took a vote on the manager at their meeting in Virginia on Tuesday night.

All parties were keen to avoid a drawn out situation, said Reilly.

"We have to be fair to Val, if he had prolonged this and took a stand, it would have made it very difficult for the board to take sides," he said.

Reilly thanked Andrews for making what he termed "a brave decision for the good of Cavan football and not for any individuals".

It had been reported that the players voted 33-3 in favour of asking Andrews to step down as manager. However, a source has stated that only 26 players were in attendance at the meeting.

A new management team is expected to be in place soon, with the county management committee set to discuss the issue tonight.

A statement from the county board said:

"Following Cavan's exit from the Allianz National football league the senior inter county panel informed the management and board that it was their wish to have a players meeting to analyse their own personal performances from said campaign. The players had the blessing of both management and board to have this meeting.

"A number of issues arose from the meeting and following a discussion with Val Andrews he has decided to tender his resignation as Cavan Senior team manager with immediate effect.

"This decision is yet another example of the genuine interest and love Val Andrews has for Cavan football. Val feels that for the over all well being of the team which he worked selflessly with, a speedy decision is necessary to afford Cavan County board every opportunity to make alternative arrangements for the up coming Ulster Senior football championship and in doing so he wishes the best for Cavan football.

"The Chairman and Officers of Cavan County Board who enjoyed a close relationship with Val would like to express our gratitude to him for his efforts in our County, and wish him and his Family health and good luck in the future."
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Jinxy

This puts Seanie in a right pickle.
Surely there's no need to go through with the transfer now.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on April 12, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
This puts Seanie in a right pickle.
Surely there's no need to go through with the transfer now.

Hopefully
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Well if he persists with it, it just goes to show that it was never for the reasons he stated.