Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sams the aim

Myles he must have given u some roasting in a league game one day or dragged u down making it look like u were holding him ;D is that why u hate him so much. Mercenary? So he is getting paid for this your fully sure of that? Ah I suppose ur rite playing with Cavan from 15 to 27 sure der us nothing else to do in life, it's no comitment at all, did u give up much time to push yourself to make yourself better to play At the highest level you could?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on April 05, 2012, 11:26:55 PM
Myles he must have given u some roasting in a league game one day or dragged u down making it look like u were holding him ;D is that why u hate him so much. Mercenary? So he is getting paid for this your fully sure of that? Ah I suppose ur rite playing with Cavan from 15 to 27 sure der us nothing else to do in life, it's no comitment at all, did u give up much time to push yourself to make yourself better to play At the highest level you could?

Never played against him, never spoke to him and don't know him. What I do know is the negative body language, the lack of work rate, the shouting at refs and his own players when he isn't performing. The overstated injuries and the love of the media two of his other flaws. I've known guys on the county panel that would tell you the type of influence he is in there. I don't know if he is getting paid in monetary terms, maybe he gets fuel for his big journey to work every day or maybe he gets his rent looked after. The "pay" I'm talking about, in terms of my mercenary comment, if the lure of success with Kildare. Kildare offer him the hope of success and thats what makes him a mercenary. Its not that he just wants to be a county footballer, if it was he could go Longford, Leitrim, Westmeath, Fermanagh, Monaghan - neighbouring counties much closer to his work. However, he admitted himself that he "picked" Kildare. Thats what makes him a mercenary in my book. My own ability as a player is irrelevant, I was nowhere near county standard but I was committed and did my best. If I had Johnsons ability I would have used it in a positive way to bust my hole for Cavan because I love Cavan and I would never quit on them like he just did. I hope the gaels also prosper without him too, all the time they put into him and this is how he repays them. I really hope they go on and win a 1st Ulster club and I bet they will soon.

rodney trotter

There is no guarantee he will walk onto the kildare team he will have to prove himself, he would know that himself. And if he does break into the team fair play, he will do well with quality players around him like Early and Mikey Conway. Cavan have some excellent young players coming through so we will survive without Johnston. I think a few on here should build a bridge and get over it, we have known about the possibility of Johnston leaving since November let him do what he wants he is no longer a Cavan player. My last post on this thread.

mup

Quote from: Westside on April 05, 2012, 09:40:35 PM
The best part of the interview is when he's asked "Why did you choose Kildare?" and he talks about admiring McGeeney and having friends from Kildare. Surely his answer should have been "Because I live in Kildare" This is an engineered transfer going against the ethos of the GAA. It should be denied to uphold the rules of the GAA as a whole and not because he can show the bare minimum of compliance.

If it does go through I wish himself and Kildare nothing but numerous defeats.

Thats a bit sad now isn't it. I'm sure McGeeney et al will be gutted to hear it. ::)

J OGorman

Quote from: Declan on March 30, 2012, 04:26:38 PM
QuoteSerious? Are they that broke?

Yep  - completely fecked by all accounts

of course they are. Have a look at their accounts, at the bottom of the spreadsheet, it says "Pat was here"

sams the aim

Oh so myles u are making judgements on someone's character over a football decision, make sense? So ur saying u have to be very talented to play county football, didn't think mr bellew or both mc nultys were that talented they still played
County football, what you are really saying is you didn't want to play county football enough and were not willing to make the same sacrifices that county footballers throughout the country make and you are one of these people who come out and say if I had their chance I would do x y and z but really you didn't work hard enough at your game or were not willing to.

heffo

Quote from: sams the aim on April 06, 2012, 08:42:11 PM
Oh so myles u are making judgements on someone's character over a football decision, make sense? So ur saying u have to be very talented to play county football, didn't think mr bellew or both mc nultys were that talented they still played
County football, what you are really saying is you didn't want to play county football enough and were not willing to make the same sacrifices that county footballers throughout the country make and you are one of these people who come out and say if I had their chance I would do x y and z but really you didn't work hard enough at your game or were not willing to.

Cop on to yourself.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on April 06, 2012, 08:42:11 PM

I'd try and reply to you only I have no f**king idea what you are talking about. Pay more attention at school will ya!

Jinxy

Some collection of oddballs supporting Seanie in this thread.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lone Shark

Can I just point out that in their last four league games, Kildare have scored 7-69, equating to 22.5 points a game?

It looks to me as is their attacking system is working well and that they don't necessarily need to be bringing in a guy like Johnston, who would possibly require a rework of their tactics to suit him. Or to put it another way, my personal view as a bookie is that if Kildare bring this guy in, I see them as a lot less likely to win an AI, not more.

mylestheslasher

If kildare dont make a breakthrough this year then it is likely mcgeeney will walk. What will seanie do then?

Hardy

I dunno, but he'll probably pose for a photograph anyway.

mylestheslasher

True, his agent Martin Brehony will probably write a soul searching piece in the indo making the case for him to transfer to Dr Crokes and lead the Kerry County team to all ireland glory.

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on April 07, 2012, 10:42:55 AM
I dunno, but he'll probably pose for a photograph anyway.

Staring off into the distance....
If you were any use you'd be playing.

scoopmine

A photo in which he looks moody and troubled....