Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornafean

I didn't know the Gardai were in the business of certifying where people live on a permanent basis.  The less said about the banks the better. I still have a bank account open in my name at a Dublin address although I haven't lived there for 7 years. They refuse to change it to my real address until someday I am bothered enough to call into them with ID. Does this mean I can play with the Dubs in the meantime :)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Westside on March 11, 2012, 11:56:10 PM
Realistically even if Johnston got the transfer at this stage could he force his way onto the Kildare team for the Championship? Or is he looking at this long term and would be happy enough to get the transfer if he could play next year?
No fear. As soon as McGeeney can get a flourbag to fit him, he will be in active contention for a place.
IMO, the whole saga would make no sense whatever if the initial move hadn't come from the Kildare county board. Seanie was headhunted.
With both Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley rapidly approaching their sell by dates, McGeeney knows next year may well be too late to do the business.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Onlooker

I certainly agree Lar Naparka.  McGeeney's comments in the paper make it quite clear that Kildare want Seanie Johnston and that even if it was McGeeney that made the first move, he clearly had the backing of the Kildare County Board or at least the Board officers.  Seanie will be on the Kildare team if they can get the transfer through.  He did not move to Straffan to sit on the bench wearing a No. 25 jersey. :) :) :)

Jinxy

What have the guards got to do with anything?  ???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ludermor

Im getting more value out of richiej than Olly and that is saying something!

Westside

Quote from: Richiej on March 13, 2012, 10:12:49 AM
I think its time for County Boards who employ outside managers to pick their County Panels and say to the incoming Manager " here is our best 30 players who want to play county football, go manage them and get the best out of them"

We have an outside manager in Cavan who is suddenly an expert on players within the county after only attending the Club championship semis and Finals.

Outside managers should be given a list of players drawn up from within the county (by ppl constantly watching club football) and told to manage them and get the best out of them.............if they are able to

Donnellys Hollow

I go away to England for one day and this endless farce is up and running again.

McGeeney has added enough fuel to keep it going for another few weeks at least. Can't believe he didn't have the sense to keep his trap shut and just let it die. The silence of the KCB is shameful. Who is actually running football in this county? High time that someone showed a bit of leadership and put an end to this before we become even more of a laughing stock.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: Richiej on March 13, 2012, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: hardstation on March 13, 2012, 10:44:16 AM
I think its time for County Boards who employ outside managers to pick their County Panels and say to the incoming Manager " here is our best 30 players who want to play county football, go manage them and get the best out of them"

We have an outside manager in Cavan who is suddenly an expert on players within the county after only attending the Club championship semis and Finals.

Outside managers should be given a list of players drawn up from within the county (by ppl constantly watching club football) and told to manage them and get the best out of them.............if they are able to
WTF? Ridiculous.

Well why should or how should a county managerlike Andrews who only goes to the odd club match be in a position to pick a county panel??
Andrews spent more time on RTE radio last summer commentating on the Dubs than he did watching the local club championship in Cavan.
Then he drops 3 players who played in latter stages of the Senior Club championship
and adds 2 players to the County panel who didnt even play club football with their club.
Ya couldnt even make it up if ya tried!!

He still has a number of players who were previously regarded as trouble makers on the squad. So its not a case that Andrews came in and dumped every player that had previous. He still has one player in his team who was seen going into a nightclub in Cavan Town on the thursday before an ulster championship game.

You know exactly why Johnson was dropped.

Kildare have a big pick of players. Loads of good young players as the posters from Kildare know.

And we all know Kildare doesn't need him. Dermot Earley played a match last week. thats bigger news for Kildare fans in my opinion.

tommysmith

Quote from: INDIANA on March 13, 2012, 06:49:43 PM

WTF? Ridiculous.

Well why should or how should a county managerlike Andrews who only goes to the odd club match be in a position to pick a county panel??
Andrews spent more time on RTE radio last summer commentating on the Dubs than he did watching the local club championship in Cavan.
Then he drops 3 players who played in latter stages of the Senior Club championship
and adds 2 players to the County panel who didnt even play club football with their club.

He still has a number of players who were previously regarded as trouble makers on the squad. So its not a case that Andrews came in and dumped every player that had previous. He still has one player in his team who was seen going into a nightclub in Cavan Town on the thursday before an ulster championship game.

Kildare have a big pick of players. Loads of good young players as the posters from Kildare know.

And we all know Kildare doesn't need him. Dermot Earley played a match last week. thats bigger news for Kildare fans in my opinion.

I didnt think any nightclubs were open in Cavan on a Thursday night during the summer.

INDIANA

Quote from: tommysmith on March 13, 2012, 07:02:06 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 13, 2012, 06:49:43 PM

WTF? Ridiculous.

I didnt think any nightclubs were open in Cavan on a Thursday night during the summer.

During the boom? are you kidding me.

rodney trotter

Tommy the Farnham which i presume is the nightclub that player was in as the Imperial doesn't open thursday nights has been open for thursday night for years... all year round, not that i ever head there as quite frankly its shite.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Cavans results from last year in the league & champ

*edit* Roscommon 1-10, Cavan 2-20, johnston not playing
Offaly 1-12, Cavan 0-8 - Johnston 0-2, 1 free
Westmeath 0-12, Cavan 1-9 - johnston 1-3, 1 free
Limerick 2-14, Cavan 0-15 - Johnston 0-3, all frees
Wexford 1-14, Cavan 2-9 - johnston 0-1, free
Cavan 0-11, Louth 1-5 - johnston 0-1, on as a sub
Cavan 0-16, Tipperary 0-13 - johnston 0-9, 5 frees

Cavan 1-8, Donegal 2-14 - johnston 0-1, 1 free

Cavan 0-11, Longford 2-16 - johnston 0-3, 2 frees

Seanie Johnstons total for 2011 from play - 1-9

I think his brilliance may be a little over-stated on here. Sure Cavan scored 4-10 against Tipp this week without him.