Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2012, 10:00:19 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 24, 2012, 09:46:35 AM
This is the way it should have been done at the start.

Now Sean will have to fight for his position in the Kildare team.
+1

Fair is fair. He has moved club and county like many others have done.

+2 No issue with this from his point of view. This is what he should have done first off. Only Kildare will know if they promised him anything to tempt him to move, in terms of playing time or whatever, but that's a matter for Geezer and his team.

fearglasmor

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 24, 2012, 10:21:35 AM

+1

+2 No issue with this from his point of view. This is what he should have done first off. Only Kildare will know if they promised him anything to tempt him to move, in terms of playing time or whatever, but that's a matter for Geezer and his team.

It's also a matter for Kildare County Board. They are responsible for the long term development of Kildare football and will be there when McGeeney has moved on. Is this their policy on how to develop players in the county ???

AQMP

+1

+3.  Nothing more to see here.  Good luck to him in his time in Kildare.

Rossfan

Most people who move club and County do so because they are working and living a long way from home.
More often than not they've got married and settled in the new club area /County and want to avoid the long trek home for training etc.
This does not appear to be the casewith  Seanie J.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 24, 2012, 08:52:01 AM
St Kevins? This whole episode just gets more and more bizarre.

I'm very disappointed with the senior management over this and I think it could be a major error of judgement on McGeeney's part. I would prefer to see the likes of Dowling, Fogarty, Hurley or Eaton get a run instead of this lad and I think this could create serious disharmony within the squad. Plenty of lads on that Kildare panel have burst a gut over the past few seasons with little reward and they're not going to be pleased if they get usurped by some lad from Cavan who could be gone again by this time next year.

The whole thing stinks and it is not a good day for Kildare football. Why bother with developing young players through the underage structure if this is the route we're going to go down? We should have more faith in our own.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

>:(

I think you are right. If I were a betting man I would say he will be a failure in Kildare. His arrogance and self importance are his biggest flaws and they will come with him. I expect he will be a disruptive influence on your panel. Remember, this is a guy who walks out on his club just to play for a random county like Kildare to which he has absolutely no allegiance. I'm glad he is Kildares problem now (no offence to Kildare, a great GAA county) and Cavan are better off without him.

Onion Bag

Would he even make Kildares 1st 15? he is going to look like a right bollocks if Geezer doesnt like what he sees
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Dinny Breen

I'm very disappointed with the senior management over this and I think it could be a major error of judgement on McGeeney's part. I would prefer to see the likes of Dowling, Fogarty, Hurley or Eaton get a run instead of this lad and I think this could create serious disharmony within the squad. Plenty of lads on that Kildare panel have burst a gut over the past few seasons with little reward and they're not going to be pleased if they get usurped by some lad from Cavan who could be gone again by this time next year.

The whole thing stinks and it is not a good day for Kildare football. Why bother with developing young players through the underage structure if this is the route we're going to go down? We should have more faith in our own.

St Kevins? Some addition to them, outside Gordon Kearney they lack some quality up front.

Anyhow this leaves a bad taste in mine and many Kildare supporters mouths and DH sentiments are the exact same as mine.

If he makes it on to the Kildare Team I will give him my support but the Kildare crowd can be vicious (just ask Martin Lynch) and he will have to prove himself. It's like the Larry Tompkins saga in reverse. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 24, 2012, 11:16:20 AM

St Kevins? Some addition to them, outside Gordon Kearney they lack some quality up front.

Anyhow this leaves a bad taste in mine and many Kildare supporters mouths and DH sentiments are the exact same as mine.

If he makes it on to the Kildare Team I will give him my support but the Kildare crowd can be vicious (just ask Martin Lynch) and he will have to prove himself. It's like the Larry Tompkins saga in reverse.

The bright lights of Staplestown - I doubt he realises what he's letting himself in for!!  :D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 24, 2012, 11:19:42 AM

The bright lights of Staplestown - I doubt he realises what he's letting himself in for!!  :D

:)

But on serious note Kevin's would have some tidy young footballers coming through, look at Tom Barron for example has been playing minor and u/21, working his bollix off to make it and some lad from Cavan who will rarely play for Kevin's gets an opportunity ahead of him with Kildare all because of a fall-out with his Cavan manager and putting himself out there for any other county to pick him up.  McGeeney has got this badly wrong. So annoying urghh!!
#newbridgeornowhere

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Richiej on January 24, 2012, 11:05:02 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 24, 2012, 10:58:27 AM

I think you are right. If I were a betting man I would say he will be a failure in Kildare. His arrogance and self importance are his biggest flaws and they will come with him. I expect he will be a disruptive influence on your panel. Remember, this is a guy who walks out on his club just to play for a random county like Kildare to which he has absolutely no allegiance. I'm glad he is Kildares problem now (no offence to Kildare, a great GAA county) and Cavan are better off without him.

Come on Myles! Cavan posters really worried about Johnston walking out on the Gaels?? Give me a break!! Most posters on Cavan Thread dont like the Gaels so why are they so caring now about him walking out on his club??

I have no problem with the Gaels. I've supported them on their Ulster club campaigns and I know all the lads on the Cavan thread on Gaaboard are the same. You might be mixing us up with hoganstand?

intheknowhow

QuoteWould he even make Kildares 1st 15? he is going to look like a right bollocks if Geezer doesnt like what he sees

Are you serious? Seanie Johnston is a class act. One of the best forwards about! Good free taker, both footed and fast. And i think geezer might know what he is like. He has already said he will have to prove his worth but we all know hes a class act.

Onion Bag

Quote from: intheknowhow on January 24, 2012, 11:33:36 AM
QuoteWould he even make Kildares 1st 15? he is going to look like a right bollocks if Geezer doesnt like what he sees

Are you serious? Seanie Johnston is a class act. One of the best forwards about! Good free taker, both footed and fast. And i think geezer might know what he is like. He has already said he will have to prove his worth but we all know hes a class act.

He is a decent player, i wouldnt say he is a class act, he is the type of player who always has his wing mirrors clean, this will not sit with Geezers set up
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 24, 2012, 11:28:09 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 24, 2012, 11:19:42 AM

:)

But on serious note Kevin's would have some tidy young footballers coming through, look at Tom Barron for example has been playing minor and u/21, working his bollix off to make it and some lad from Cavan who will rarely play for Kevin's gets an opportunity ahead of him with Kildare all because of a fall-out with his Cavan manager and putting himself out there for any other county to pick him up.  McGeeney has got this badly wrong. So annoying urghh!!

That's what really irks me.

The u21s are flying in challenge matches by all accounts. They gave Wexford a good hiding in Hawkfield at the weekend without Dowling, Hurley and Fogarty. The likes of Cian Bolton, Reynolds and Mulhall aren't a million miles away from the standard required but they're not going to get a chance now that Johnston is on board. Some of the exciteable crowd on the Kildare forum are lsing the run of themselves completely thinking he's going to be the second coming of Larry Stanley. I'd be far more excited if Kevin Feely was to commit to football or if Paul Cribbin was returning home from Australia. They're the future of Kildare football.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Ultimately anything Kildare win with Seanie Johnston on the team will be tainted.
For shame.  :(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Breffni_Yank

Just out of interest what grade are St. Kevins?

Was told last week that Johnston has no intention of playing with the club he joins. He is still living in Cavan so will simply living the life of an 'inter-county' footballer which he clearly desperately wants