Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

I suppose Johnny Murtagh will join that elusive 'Club Trois' when he strips out for Louth then.

Carmen Stateside

He will along with PJ Ward.
Did Gareth Mc Girr play for Antrim? I know he was with St Galls. He played senior with Tyrone. 

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

Carmen Stateside

imtommygunn

Antrim too so I guess he's in the 2 county club.

Liam Kearns has a right few as manager too.

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 21, 2012, 02:50:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on January 21, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
'McGeeney would welcome Johnston on board.'
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/01/21/McGeeney-would-welcome-Johnston-on-board/gnid-127099/

The last paragraph is where Johnston will fall short.

I dunno.
He obviously wants him there.
The last paragraph is probably for the benefit of the other players who'd probably feel a bit miffed if he was parachuted in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on January 21, 2012, 07:04:56 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 21, 2012, 02:50:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on January 21, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
'McGeeney would welcome Johnston on board.'
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/01/21/McGeeney-would-welcome-Johnston-on-board/gnid-127099/

The last paragraph is where Johnston will fall short.

I dunno.
He obviously wants him there.
The last paragraph is probably for the benefit of the other players who'd probably feel a bit miffed if he was parachuted in.

Y'er dead right about the last paragraph.
No doubt about it, the last bit is designed to placate any Kildare lads who might get the hump if Seanie was parachuted in.
Of course what he actually says makes perfect sense; Seanie will need to claim a place on merit if he is to make a name for himself as a flourbag.
IMO, McGeeney headhunted Johnston. Since the days of Mick O'Dwyer Kildare has been badly stuck for top class forwards and Seanie's arrival would take a lot of weight off Johnny Doyle's shoulders.
Now, if Dermot Earley is fit enough to play midfield this summer and so allow Doyle to move inside to link up with the 'blow in,' Geezer might be in with a realistic chance of going the full distance in September.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tony Baloney

He has made a club transfer request according to morning news.

Donnellys Hollow

St Kevins? This whole episode just gets more and more bizarre.

I'm very disappointed with the senior management over this and I think it could be a major error of judgement on McGeeney's part. I would prefer to see the likes of Dowling, Fogarty, Hurley or Eaton get a run instead of this lad and I think this could create serious disharmony within the squad. Plenty of lads on that Kildare panel have burst a gut over the past few seasons with little reward and they're not going to be pleased if they get usurped by some lad from Cavan who could be gone again by this time next year.

The whole thing stinks and it is not a good day for Kildare football. Why bother with developing young players through the underage structure if this is the route we're going to go down? We should have more faith in our own.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

>:(
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Did he get another "address"  ;D
Wil St Kevin's be nearer his job in Cavan town?
Who is paying his travel bill?

Whole thing reflects badly on all involved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Bingo

I'm sure he has to prove now that he has an address in St Kevins or that he is living in the town? Will his K club address hold up for the transfer purposes?

Denn Forever

This is the way it should have been done at the start.

Now Sean will have to fight for his position in the Kildare team.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

orangeman

Seanie will be a popular boy round Cavan Gaels.