Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

That bit of hurling he played sharpened him up no end.

omaghjoe

Cavan97

Seanie being clapped off the field in Breffni brought this story full circle. Good to see everyone moving on.
[/quote]

Some people who don't want him playing don't attend, that's part of the reason. Armagh out numbered Cavan in Breffni. Its hard to stay away but don't want to see that turncoat in my county jersey.

Rossfan

Grow up.
He wasn't on the Cavan panel when he got the "offer"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cavan97

Grow up? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. What if Diarmud Murtagh or Senan Kilbride pulled that stunt? Although they are better players than this tool. He was being dropped, didn't give them the chance, and looked for glory elsewhere. Still worked in Cavan all that time. Never apologised for his actions either.

Rossfan

Support your team and all who are chosen to play for them or are on the panel.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cavan97

I've always supported my county and travel to all McKenna Cup, League and Championship. haven't seen this team since 2015. had to give away my McKenna cup pass at Christmas once I heard the news.
I still support but wont attend. His actions in the media and in Breffni Park in the qualifiers wont be forgotten.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Cavan97 on June 09, 2016, 11:42:42 AM
I've always supported my county and travel to all McKenna Cup, League and Championship. haven't seen this team since 2015. had to give away my McKenna cup pass at Christmas once I heard the news.
I still support but wont attend. His actions in the media and in Breffni Park in the qualifiers wont be forgotten.

I was in Breffni that day, a minority of Cavan supporters were an embarrassment to their fellow supporters and the Cavan players and a disgrace to themselves with some of the vile abuse Seanie Johnston got. If Seanie is capable of putting that behind him he is obviously a more honourable man than someone who chooses to stay away.
#newbridgeornowhere

Cavan97

That day in Breffni I wouldn't boo or say anything about him. I actually told people beside me to be quiet. That would be too much.
Honourable? Lying to the GAA and to the media to attain a transfer honourable (come to my house for tea!!), then having the guile to go to Cavan Gales to ask them to pay the transfer expenses? At least he only got travelling expenses from Straffan to Newbridge.
Honourable? I missed the apology.

Dinny Breen

Apologise for what exactly? Succeeding in manipulating rules to allow himself to play inter-county football? Everyone knows it was a sham, but the GAA deemed he was allowed play, should the GAA not be apologising as well for facilitating it? SJ was ill advised and your ire should be at Kieran McGeeney and the Kildare supporters club, McGeeney thought he saw an opportunity to bring in a quality forward to the Kildare set-up and being focused on winning and success didn't see the bigger picture. That bigger picture is that transfer set Kildare back by at least two years, hindsight is a wonderful thing but SJ like all players is focused purely on himself, he made mistakes no doubt, apologise though what kind of self-entitlement demands that?
#newbridgeornowhere

yellowcard

Quote from: Cavan97 on June 09, 2016, 12:36:38 PM
That day in Breffni I wouldn't boo or say anything about him. I actually told people beside me to be quiet. That would be too much.
Honourable? Lying to the GAA and to the media to attain a transfer honourable (come to my house for tea!!), then having the guile to go to Cavan Gales to ask them to pay the transfer expenses? At least he only got travelling expenses from Straffan to Newbridge.

What expenses, surely you don't mean that he was looking expenses off Cavan Gaels to travel back and forth to training for Kildare county team??

Cavan97

Apologise for the brazen lies to suit himself.
He was about to be dropped of the panel, he was informed by a club man. Val Andrews rang and he hung up on him after obscenities. Then tell media he was dropped after a 4 second phone call! He fceking hung up!!!
He wasn't the first lad to every be dropped off a panel but he threw his toys out of the pram straight away. Then with the public lies to facilitate the transfer that has been mentioned once or thrice in this forum.
The final nail in the coffin was the way the had to get his point in Breffni, no matter what, albeit a free. Rub salt into the supporters that cheered him on for years!
I initially responded to the remark "that the story of this person has come full circle, I am not the only person staying away because of this tool". To a lot of Cavan people it will never be full circle. Again I reiterate, I always support my County, but will not attend a Cavan game with him on the panel. 
I know a good few people staying away for the same reasons. 
Armagh outnumbered Cavan in Breffni on the 29th.

Syferus

Some balls on Seanie to come back. Cavan97 smacks of a troll so I'd be careful if I were ye and not get wound up.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Cavan97 on June 09, 2016, 12:36:38 PM

So what you're saying is your weren't man enough to express your opinion in an environment where you were publically known but you're more than happy to call him a 'tool' behind a pseudonym on a GAA forum. Top marks for that. 

yellowcard

Quote from: Cavan97 on June 09, 2016, 01:07:00 PM
Apologise for the brazen lies to suit himself.
He was about to be dropped of the panel, he was informed by a club man. Val Andrews rang and he hung up on him after obscenities. Then tell media he was dropped after a 4 second phone call! He fceking hung up!!!
He wasn't the first lad to every be dropped off a panel but he threw his toys out of the pram straight away. Then with the public lies to facilitate the transfer that has been mentioned once or thrice in this forum.
The final nail in the coffin was the way the had to get his point in Breffni, no matter what, albeit a free. Rub salt into the supporters that cheered him on for years!
I initially responded to the remark "that the story of this person has come full circle, I am not the only person staying away because of this tool". To a lot of Cavan people it will never be full circle. Again I reiterate, I always support my County, but will not attend a Cavan game with him on the panel. 
I know a good few people staying away for the same reasons. 
Armagh outnumbered Cavan in Breffni on the 29th.

You've made that point a few times now which is very debatable anyway. But lets say it is true, surely your not implying that hundreds/thousands of Cavan fans stayed away because Seanie Johnston is back playing with Cavan.

Johnston clearly has a brazen neck on him to do what he did but I doubt both Cavan county team and particularly Cavan Gaels would be so welcoming to bring him back if he had the attitude that you are suggesting he has.