Tommy Griffin retires..

Started by 5 Sams, January 17, 2012, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

..I think it says a lot about the standard of Kerry football and their achievements whenever a man like this with 5 All Ireland medals in his arse pocket retires and it doesnt even warrant a mention on here ........until now ;)

Should have had an All Star in 2009 and a few of my Kerry mates would tell you he would have nailed McMenamin in the AIF last year before he scored THAT goal.

Great servant to Kerry football...he'd be a superstar and an All Time Great in any other county :-\
The Aristocrat Years

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 17, 2012, 09:09:14 PM
..I think it says a lot about the standard of Kerry football and their achievements whenever a man like this with 5 All Ireland medals in his arse pocket retires and it doesnt even warrant a mention on here ........until now ;)

Should have had an All Star in 2009 and a few of my Kerry mates would tell you he would have nailed McMenamin in the AIF last year before he scored THAT goal.

Great servant to Kerry football...he'd be a superstar and an All Time Great in any other county :-\

Great player....................................does disrespect to his services though to try and hollywood back to the future style some kind of hatchet job on dublins goal in last years final.......................... its just lazy and horse trollop

Great player

Mike Sheehy

Jesus , almost missed this. When did he announce this ? Typical of Tommy to go quietly into the sunset !
A great servant.People talk about underrated players but I honestly cant think of a time he ever let us down.
Strong, Athletic player. Did the simple things well but he could also do "exceptional" ...thought he was brilliant against Cork in 2009 after a shaky start. Thanks for the memories Tommy.

BennyHarp

You will tend to miss these things when you are a championship supporter and only think the GAA exists in the summer!
That was never a square ball!!