Royal Portrush to host 2012 Irish Open

Started by LostInSpace, January 08, 2012, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2012, 11:02:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 09, 2012, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2012, 03:42:15 PM
Was thinking of heading down for the practice day. You can get closer to the players and it's less hassle getting accommodation I'd imagine.
You could go and not take any drink.

Drink?
Girls.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 09, 2012, 11:04:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2012, 11:02:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 09, 2012, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2012, 03:42:15 PM
Was thinking of heading down for the practice day. You can get closer to the players and it's less hassle getting accommodation I'd imagine.
You could go and not take any drink.

Drink?
Girls.
[/quote

feck off ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Tickets bought today. Will make entertainment arrangements nearer the time. The Anchor will get some lift that week.

Atticus_Finch

I would find myself in the area now and again, in terms of decent bars in the area i'd say -

Portrush - the best bar IMO would be The Springhill it's the closest proper bar to Royal Portrush. It's run by a chap Sean McLaughlin that co-manages the Coleraine team.  Good beer and a decent crowd.

Portstewart - Anchor isn't the bar it once was - if i was going for a jar in Portstewart i would go to The Portstewart Arms*.  One bar I would avoid is Bar Seven, an absolute dive of a place that has no soul.

Think i'll also check out the Pro AM day on the Wednesday (not for the celebs as lets face it they'll be bbc or utv newsreaders playing !))  but should be a bit more relaxed and good atmosphere around the place.    Four day ticket is good value as it gets you into all five days.

*If you find yourself in the Portstewart Arms be wary of a local that is known locally as Ricky D an absolute savage of a man who will challenge you to arm wrestles if he likes you and turf you to timbuktu if he doesn't !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."