Royal Portrush to host 2012 Irish Open

Started by LostInSpace, January 08, 2012, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInSpace

Havent seen a thread relating to this yet, apologies if there is!

Who's all for heading to this?  Every major hotel around the Coleraine/Portrush area are said to have been booked out for the week since the announcement!

With tickets from £25 a day or £60 for the 4 day pass, will definitely be heading myself!! Dont live far away so will be handy to get to!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: LostInSpace on January 08, 2012, 10:06:49 PM
Havent seen a thread relating to this yet, apologies if there is!

Who's all for heading to this?  Every major hotel around the Coleraine/Portrush area are said to have been booked out for the week since the announcement!

With tickets from £25 a day or £60 for the 4 day pass, will definitely be heading myself!! Dont live far away so will be handy to get to!

Dont know lad- has to be good for County Antrim and surrouding area though. Fair Play

Tony Baloney

Traffic would be some craic getting in and out every day  :o

Apart from the local traffic an actual day trip is doable for the Ulster lads. Will be a lot of interest in it I'd say.

LeoMc

Trains from Belfast or Derry could be the way to go.

oisinog

Quote from: LeoMc on January 09, 2012, 11:33:01 AM

Its a fair walk from the Trainstation to royal portrush I would say 3 or so miles.

I am thinking of heading myself it sould be good. It would also show that we have the potential for a major in Northern Ireland

Orior

Quote from: oisinog on January 09, 2012, 11:38:51 AM

Its a fair walk from the Trainstation to royal portrush I would say 3 or so miles.

I am thinking of heading myself it sould be good. It would also show that we have the potential for a major in Northern Ireland

A 3 mile walk would be good, considering that you're going to be standing or sitting from 8am to 6pm. Where are the tickets on sale?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on January 09, 2012, 01:10:23 PM

A 3 mile walk would be good, considering that you're going to be standing or sitting from 8am to 6pm. Where are the tickets on sale?
http://tickets.europeantour.com/Event/THE-IRISH-OPEN/Royal-Portrush-Golf-Club/609924

Milltown Row2

Was thinking of heading down for the practice day. You can get closer to the players and it's less hassle getting accommodation I'd imagine.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jimmy

It has also been moved to a couple of weeks before the British open so it should get a pretty decent line up. You would image Portrush would be great links practice for the open.

thewobbler

It's up against the AT&T Invitational in America, which has $6.5m of prize money. Don't think we'll see too many Americans.

LostInSpace

I would imagine there will be shuttle buses going from coleraine into portrush, the port takes hours on a warm sunday let alone biggest golf tournament in Ireland!! The train line from derry is going to be closed during this time afaik, due to upgrade of the track!! If we can get some good american players over, even a few stars, the crowds will flock in by 1000's! Imagine if Tiger or Phil or een Tom Watson came! Would def boost crowds!! Does anyone know what the proze money is for irish open?

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Orior on January 09, 2012, 01:10:23 PM

A mile at the most, unless you plan to go via portstewart!

Minder

I see Lee Westwood has ruled himself out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2012, 03:42:15 PM
Was thinking of heading down for the practice day. You can get closer to the players and it's less hassle getting accommodation I'd imagine.
You could go and not take any drink.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 09, 2012, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2012, 03:42:15 PM
You could go and not take any drink.

Drink?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea