The demise of the Catholic faith in Ireland

Started by DownFanatic, January 07, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Jonah on January 07, 2012, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2012, 07:14:34 PM
Let's hope the slide accelerates and this cancer of an organisation vanishes for good.
Idiot.
Bigot might be more apt.

sammymaguire

Myles, Throw your dead body off the side of a boat into Lough Sheelin with two lead weights tied on just in case you don't go straight down?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on January 07, 2012, 09:40:06 PM
Let's hope the slide accelerates and this cancer of an organisation vanishes for good.
Idiot.
Bigot might be more apt.
I agree with Myles. Why would you call us idiots and bigots?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mylestheslasher

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 07, 2012, 10:30:18 PM
Idiot.
Bigot might be more apt.
Because they have spent their lives being brainwashed. They don't know that you can believe in god without belonging to a church. They don't believe you can be critical of their church without being a bigot against everyone in that church. Most of all they are unable to accept that priests in their church raped children and worse still their bishops, cardinals and popes covered it up. Sammy - if I'm to rot in hell there will be plenty of "good" Catholics down their to keep me company.

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on January 07, 2012, 10:16:31 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 07, 2012, 10:07:56 PM
Myles, Throw your dead body off the side of a boat into Lough Sheelin with two lead weights tied on just in case you don't go straight down?
How Christian of you.

It was a question. Not a suggestion. I just wonder what haters of religion want happen the day they die? Surely not be taken to a place they hate and put into the ground after a ceremony they can stand. Or do they even attend funerals of friends and families at all?? Reluctantly maybe as a mark of respect?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 07, 2012, 10:44:30 PM
How Christian of you.

It was a question. Not a suggestion. I just wonder what haters of religion want happen the day they die? Surely not be taken to a place they hate and put into the ground after a ceremony they can stand. Or do they even attend funerals of friends and families at all?? Reluctantly maybe as a mark of respect?
Sure they or we wont be there so wont care. The soul or essence will be long gone from its human form so i doubt it will care. Death is a fascinating subject and something that should be talked about more imo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mylestheslasher

How Christian of you.

Nice try but I think anyone with half a brain will see that was not a question. Btw, you do know that burials and memorials at the grave to the dead pre exist every religion on the planet? When I die my loved ones can do whateve they like with my body to give them comfort. That's my personal opinion. For what its worth I have no problem with you believing on your catholic god.

sammymaguire

I don't care either way what you believe me or what yiur annonymous beliefs are. I was curious and thought you would have something I your will and last wishes. Maybe not that principled on the whole matter then?

Does your family know you don't have any faith? If so, why make a hypocrit out of yourself at the time of your death?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Jonah

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2012, 10:43:15 PM
Idiot.
Bigot might be more apt.
Because they have spent their lives being brainwashed. They don't know that you can believe in god without belonging to a church. They don't believe you can be critical of their church without being a bigot against everyone in that church. Most of all they are unable to accept that priests in their church raped children and worse still their bishops, cardinals and popes covered it up. Sammy - if I'm to rot in hell there will be plenty of "good" Catholics down their to keep me company.
Idiot

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on January 07, 2012, 10:58:22 PM
How Christian of you.

It was a question.?
I recognise that there was a question mark at the end of it but that does not read like a question to me.

Well it was. Clear enough now?? ??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

4father

A question?  Your hole.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 07, 2012, 10:59:06 PM
I don't care either way what you believe me or what yiur annonymous beliefs are. I was curious and thought you would have something I your will and last wishes. Maybe not that principled on the whole matter then?

Does your family know you don't have any faith? If so, why make a hypocrit out of yourself at the time of your death?

Where did I say I had no faith? Catholics lecturing me on hypocrisy, surely a candidate for funniest comment of the year. I could fill this board with the hypocrisy of the catholic church.

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on January 07, 2012, 11:03:50 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 07, 2012, 11:00:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 07, 2012, 10:58:22 PM
How Christian of you.

It was a question.?
I recognise that there was a question mark at the end of it but that does not read like a question to me.

Well it was. Clear enough now?? ??
No. It still appears to be a command with a question mark at the end.

If it were a question, what could the answer be?

How about yes or no??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2012, 11:05:02 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on January 07, 2012, 10:59:06 PM

Where did I say I had no faith? Catholics lecturing me on hypocrisy, surely a candidate for funniest comment of the year. I could fill this board with the hypocrisy of the catholic church.

Sorry myles. I thought you said you have no faith. Dead on. I just wondered what way you wanted to end up when you go. Doesn't really matter as you don't have to tell me.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2012, 10:43:15 PM
Idiot.
Bigot might be more apt.

Anyone with a different view point of yours is brainwashed eh?

You don't seem to believe someone could have faith in the Catholic church and still be critical of it. And there are some who refuse to see the good that it can do as well.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit