Are Michael O Neill and Gerry Armstong Off Their Heads??

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, January 05, 2012, 12:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MW on January 07, 2012, 07:59:42 PM
You'll have to help me here because basically none of that made any sense to me.

Basically 2 points MW. The Billy Boys was still being sang within the last year. The 2nd part was just a reference to being fed up with the whole NI set up, my resolution would be to send in the Polish supporters again. The last time the Polish played NI about a half a dozen of them beat up the entire East Belfast UDA- wasnt a swipe at you really lad.

Tonto

It's unbelievable that in this world of communication and information that almost total ignorance persists.

gawa316

MW

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2012, 09:42:52 PM
You'll have to help me here because basically none of that made any sense to me.

Basically 2 points MW. The Billy Boys was still being sang within the last year. The 2nd part was just a reference to being fed up with the whole NI set up, my resolution would be to send in the Polish supporters again. The last time the Polish played NI about a half a dozen of them beat up the entire East Belfast UDA- wasnt a swipe at you really lad.

Two points back at you then:

1 - no, it wasn't. Actually, it's been more than a decade now.

2 - you're celebrating the thuggish actions of organised Polish hooligan gangs?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MW on January 08, 2012, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2012, 09:42:52 PM

Two points back at you then:

1 - no, it wasn't. Actually, it's been more than a decade now.

2 - you're celebrating the thuggish actions of organised Polish hooligan gangs?

1 Unlike the IFA, which is a pantomine set up, I dont think there is much point in me coming back on this one and making our debate into "oh yes it was", "oh no it wasnt "debate. Lets just agree to to disagree.
2. It was a bit tongue in cheek, I wouldnt agree with hooliganism, but I must admit I did have a giggle when the UDA sent down the hard men and they were shown up for what they have always been- a crowd of spineless cowards!!

MW

No we won't "agree to disagree", because I've been going to NI matches since 1989 and am dealing in facts, whereas you're dealing in pure fantasy.

There is such a thing as objective reality, and your weird fantasy version simply does not bear the same validity.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MW on January 08, 2012, 04:49:19 PM
No we won't "agree to disagree", because I've been going to NI matches since 1989 and am dealing in facts, whereas you're dealing in pure fantasy.

There is such a thing as objective reality, and your weird fantasy version simply does not bear the same validity.

Weird? A guy/girl attending frequenting GAA board but also admittting to attending NI matches during some of their most sectarian years. I would not just call this weird but symptomatic of a split personality.

Lets talk about some FACTS since 1989.

Neil Lennon forced to leave NI set up because of sectarian abuse from NI fans, must be OK though because at least according to you they dont sing Billy Boys anymore- FACT

UDA element within the crowd-FACT

Match between NI and ROI supporters called off in 2011 because of PSNI fears of sectarian trouble after NI fan's disgraceful sectarian behaviour against Scotland-FACT

Windsor Park draped in Union Jacks-FACT

GSTQ played and sang with GUSTO instead of something more neutral-FACT

Mc Clean and other Catholics will continue to declare for the ROI because of years of mistreatment from IFA-FACT

All the above is objective, factual and devoid of any fantasy WM or sorry MW. Got mixed up with your name, you know what its like to be mixed up obviously!

trileacman

What's windsor park like now then? Do you see much sectarianism?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

michaelg

Quote from: trileacman on January 08, 2012, 08:08:25 PM

What's windsor park like now then? Do you see much sectarianism?
I would say none at Windsor i.e. Sectarian songs are no longer sung and haven't been for many a year.  As for your man's comment above about Union Jack's being commonplace, I would also dispute this.  Most are fans in Green and White.  The banners around the ground tend to be homemade efforts which would more often have N.Ireland flags stitched on to them rather than Union Jacks.  As for away games, however, you would get the odd pissed up arsehole who has been drinking all day singing inappropriate songs.

Last Man

These young lads are mercenarys as are their Ma's and Da's, if the 6 county team were qualifying for the Euros or World Cups then they would be happy enough to ply their trade closer to home. I see plenty of young lads from nationalist families sporting their Linfield and N.I tracksuits and nobody's saying "where you going wearing that?".... Park the "Cultural Ideology" theory lads its all about the £££££.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 08, 2012, 09:26:10 PM
££££££ playing international football??  ???

Good Man Sammy- thon boy doesnt know he is talking about, what have their mothers and fathers got to do with it either?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2012, 09:29:18 PM

Raising your profile.

Like Giggsy for Wales?  :P ah if you are a good enough footballer it shouldnt matter what country you kick ball for... But once you nail your colours to the mast, you can't change and alot can happen in 3-4 years in international football, weren't NI a decent team 3-4 years ago when Lawrie was at the helm?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Last Man

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 08, 2012, 09:32:21 PM

Good Man Sammy- thon boy doesnt know he is talking about, what have their mothers and fathers got to do with it either?

Aye probably very little influence, know any of these families do you?????   ::)