Seating on Hill 16

Started by whassupp2, March 15, 2007, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal_Me_In

Have to say it looks good. Much better than when the dubs are in it prior to September anyway/  :P

Kerry Mike

Saw them last weekend at the Club games, only partially complete at that stage but looks impressive, pity they cant keep the seats there permanantly.

The fence used to keep the Jackeens in place is gone as well.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magpie seanie

QuoteThe fence used to keep the Jackeens in place is gone as well

You see! We never should have let the foreign games in!

behind the wire

seen an advertisement somewhere where it said there had been temporary seating installed in croke park's north terrace. where is this part of the stadium? do the official tickets state this does anyone know?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Star Spangler

I think they'd be a good addition to most GAA fixtures at Croke Park throughout the year.  Obviously, for the big sell-out games they should be removed but the rest of the time a few extra bob could be charged for them!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Star Spangler on March 15, 2007, 04:06:56 PM

I think they'd be a good addition to most GAA fixtures at Croke Park throughout the year.  Obviously, for the big sell-out games they should be removed but the rest of the time a few extra bob could be charged for them!

I'm no Jackeen but why would u want to seat the Hill? There's plenty of seating in the other stands and some folk like to stand at matches. Plus cost may be an issue for some people...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Star Spangler

What would you be standing for if you had a nice seat??

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Star Spangler on March 15, 2007, 04:16:33 PM
What would you be standing for if you had a nice seat??

QuoteI'm no Jackeen but why would u want to seat the Hill? There's plenty of seating in the other stands and some folk like to stand at matches. Plus cost may be an issue for some people...

dublinfella

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 15, 2007, 04:13:40 PM

I'm no Jackeen but why would u want to seat the Hill? There's plenty of seating in the other stands and some folk like to stand at matches. Plus cost may be an issue for some people...

surely everyone knows at this stage FIFA dont allow terracing.

Star Spangler

If cost is an issue then you should stay at home and you wouldn't have to spend anything.

ziggysego

I seen the new seating last Saturday night at the club finals. It certainly a sight to see and not as bad as I had first imagine. Looks quite nice. There's a few pictures of it on the Greencastle website. * plug plug *
Testing Accessibility

Croí na hÉireann

Dumb and Dumber...  ::) ::) ::)

Quote from: dublinfella on March 15, 2007, 04:37:39 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 15, 2007, 04:13:40 PM

surely everyone knows at this stage FIFA dont allow terracing.

It's in relation to GAA games in Croker soccerfella, if u bothered to read the thread...

Quote from: Star Spangler on March 15, 2007, 04:45:24 PM
If cost is an issue then you should stay at home and you wouldn't have to spend anything.

I wasn't talking about me.  ::) ::) ::) Some people unfortunately have to keep a close eyes on the pennies and these people should be catered for.

Rossfan

I agree with you Croí - much prefer to stand at a game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redgreenery

Quote from: behind the wire on March 15, 2007, 04:05:13 PM
seen an advertisement somewhere where it said there had been temporary seating installed in croke park's north terrace. where is this part of the stadium? do the official tickets state this does anyone know?
The north terrace is what the FAI named Hill 16 so in other words the north terrace is Hill 16.