McMahon was attacked in Ulster semi

Started by sheamy, December 06, 2011, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2011, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on December 06, 2011, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2011, 06:01:34 PM
And once again we have a Donegal player being tried on the board based on anonymously spread rumours.

Didn't know that, what punishments can we hand down? I mainly thought we just talking shite on here?

Well that"s all right then. Internet rumours don't have personal consequences for the people involved. Players' and managers' reputations don't matter.

Calm yourself down, it's hardly a rumour about his personal life. Manager may or may not have send a player out to whack some-one. Big deal.

sheamy

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2011, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: sheamy on December 06, 2011, 07:11:21 PM
And once again we have a Donegal player being tried on the board based on anonymously spread rumours.

It's not anonymous. The Tyrone county secretary said it in his report. I'd say he signed it too.

Maybe you should read through the thread again.

Thanks for that piece of advice but I don't need to thanks. The report is the point of this thread and it's not anonymous. The report uses the words 'deliberate and cynical' which is pretty much as damning as you can get. What anyone else wants to add in terms of 'I heard a,b,c' is their own business.

Club Rossa

Sure he described Dublin as an average team in last year's report and then we all witnessed that average team tear us a new arsehole in Croker this year.

JUst retired

How many times have Tyrone players done the same and not a word about it. Pot and kettle come to mind. ;)

Radda bout yeee

Do i remember correctly that there were images on TV directly after the game of McCloone crying and being comforted by '100 mile an hour' Jim McGuiness? I thought this was because McCloone was upset that McMahon had been carried off (well helped off)?

nrico2006

Quote from: JUst retired on December 07, 2011, 08:29:48 AM
How many times have Tyrone players done the same and not a word about it. Pot and kettle come to mind. ;)

Shed some light on a few of these occasions when Tyrone players have went out and slapped a man around the jaw area just as the victim was returning from a broken jaw.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Quote from: sheamy on December 07, 2011, 07:38:19 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2011, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: sheamy on December 06, 2011, 07:11:21 PM

It's not anonymous. The Tyrone county secretary said it in his report. I'd say he signed it too.

Maybe you should read through the thread again.

Thanks for that piece of advice but I don't need to thanks. The report is the point of this thread and it's not anonymous. The report uses the words 'deliberate and cynical' which is pretty much as damning as you can get. What anyone else wants to add in terms of 'I heard a,b,c' is their own business.

The stuff I was referring to is anonymous. The Tyrone official is making public allegations, so at least the people concerned have recourse to respond if they like. I've no problem with that. What I object to is the rumours posted on this board (all too frequently) by boys who don't have the balls to put their names to them and probably wouldn't open their mouth to the people concerned in person.

Applesisapples

I am at a loss here, what rumours? The incident in question was clear for all to see on TV, the Donegal Player should have been red carded. However in GAA terms the situation can be considered dealt with. There is no evidence to support the claim that Jim McGuiness sent the player out to do what he did, however what is clear was the introduction to Donegal's game of the cynical tackle. The result from this type of tackle is the inevitability of injury and this is what happen McMahon. I do think it's a bit rich the Tyrone secretary including this in his report. As I stated previously Tyrone needs to sort out its own problems relating to on field violence.

J70

The rumour is that McGuinness was witnessed ordering McLoone to go on and intentionally take out McMahon.

Applesisapples

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2011, 10:37:36 AM
The rumour is that McGuinness was witnessed ordering McLoone to go on and intentionally take out McMahon.
Ah right you are falling into the trap of believing every thing that Nally posts. Now McGuinness may well have said to him that McMahon need stopping but that wouldn't necessarily mean by foul means.

HiMucker

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 08, 2011, 10:46:16 AM
Ah right you are falling into the trap of believing every thing that Nally posts. Now McGuinness may well have said to him that McMahon need stopping but that wouldn't necessarily mean by foul means.
How can ye stop the full back with out foul means??  He was having a stormer because he wasnt letting his man get a sniff not because he was bombing up the pitch.  If McGuiness  said "Mcmahon needs stoping" then I think even thats a bit much.  I do agree with it being bit rich for him to mention it.  What about Ricey dropping the knees into boys, though whacking somebody on the jaw knowing they had it borken just a short while back is alot worse.

Applesisapples

Quote from: HiMucker on December 08, 2011, 11:30:08 AM
How can ye stop the full back with out foul means??  He was having a stormer because he wasnt letting his man get a sniff not because he was bombing up the pitch.  If McGuiness  said "Mcmahon needs stoping" then I think even thats a bit much.  I do agree with it being bit rich for him to mention it.  What about Ricey dropping the knees into boys, though whacking somebody on the jaw knowing they had it borken just a short while back is alot worse.
I don't disagree.

Nally Stand

FFS sure why would I make it up... I couldn't give two shits who believes whether the allegation is true or not. All I am saying is that is it a statement of absolute fact that I was told the same story from two individuals, both seated in the same area at the match, and both independently reported to me hearing word for word, the exact same instruction issued to the oncoming sub. These two men to my knowledge do not know eachother and told me the same thing a few days apart. As I say, one of the two in particular is someone who would not have it in them to tell a lie so personally, I believe it. Whether you do or not makes no odds to me, but don't come on insinuating that I'm lying just by saying that I was told this by the two people.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

HiMucker

word for word what did Jim (allegedly) say?

J70

Its nothing to do with believing Nally. My whole point is that people should not be posting anything like about a player or manager when there"s no way of verifying it. Speculate away, but don't be making unsupported anonymous claims about what someone is supposed to have said or done or have been witnessed saying or doing.

Why some people here can't comprehend that is beyond me.