McMahon was attacked in Ulster semi

Started by sheamy, December 06, 2011, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2011, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 08, 2011, 10:46:16 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2011, 10:37:36 AM
The rumour is that McGuinness was witnessed ordering McLoone to go on and intentionally take out McMahon.
Ah right you are falling into the trap of believing every thing that Nally posts. Now McGuinness may well have said to him that McMahon need stopping but that wouldn't necessarily mean by foul means.

Its nothing to do with believing Nally. My whole point is that people should not be posting anything like about a player or manager when there"s no way of verifying it. Speculate away, but don't be making unsupported anonymous claims about what someone is supposed to have said or done or have been witnessed saying or doing.

Why some people here don't comprehend that is beyond me.
This is a discussion board, half the fun is speculating the other half is arguing the toss.

J70

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 08, 2011, 03:47:29 PM
The rumour is that McGuinness was witnessed ordering McLoone to go on and intentionally take out McMahon.
Ah right you are falling into the trap of believing every thing that Nally posts. Now McGuinness may well have said to him that McMahon need stopping but that wouldn't necessarily mean by foul means.

Its nothing to do with believing Nally. My whole point is that people should not be posting anything like about a player or manager when there"s no way of verifying it. Speculate away, but don't be making unsupported anonymous claims about what someone is supposed to have said or done or have been witnessed saying or doing.

This is a discussion board, half the fun is speculating the other half is arguing the toss.

Speculating is one thing.

Making unsupported allegations that managers were heard instructing players to deliberately and recklessly hit opposition players is another, as was the stuff a few weeks ago when claims were made about Cassidy.

Anyone who cannot see the difference is lacking something upstairs.

sheamy

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2011, 03:52:21 PM
My whole point is that people should not be posting anything like about a player or manager when there's no way of verifying it.

I don't get why you're having a go at Nally. He said from the start it was hearsay on his part. The official report on the other hand makes the same allegation about either the player, the manager (or both as it's not clear) with no attempt at public substantiation at all.
?

year til sunday

Making unsupported allegations that managers were heard instructing players to deliberately and recklessly hit opposition players is another, as was the stuff a few weeks ago when claims were made about Cassidy.

that is still speculating in so many words, if you want the discussion to go away then stop posting on it or report it

J70

Quote from: sheamy on December 08, 2011, 04:26:00 PM
My whole point is that people should not be posting anything like about a player or manager when there's no way of verifying it.

I don't get why you're having a go at Nally. He said from the start it was hearsay on his part. The official report on the other hand makes the same allegation about either the player, the manager (or both as it's not clear) with no attempt at public substantiation at all.
?

The quoted piece on this thread says nothing about the manager sending a player out to take McMahon out, just that there was intent on McLoone's part. McLoone and Donegal can challenge whether the Tyrone official can back it up.

skeog

chill out boys its dominics way of getting noticed never kicked a ball in his life i do believe

BennyHarp

Quote from: skeog on December 09, 2011, 10:14:38 AM
chill out boys its dominics way of getting noticed never kicked a ball in his life i do believe

Whats this got to do with anything?
That was never a square ball!!

lynchbhoy

despite all the hoo ha over rumours etc

IF
mcguinness had told a player to go in and 'take out' McMahon - then usually in Gaelic football (prob hurling also) this meand get stuck in, give him a hard dig/slap and try to soften him a bit.

there is no way any manager would send in a player to deliberately injure an opponent.
If McGuinness did want this, then he wouldnt be sending Mcloone in to do so - as he isnt that kind of player - Cassidy yes, mcloone and most of the rest of Donegal squad (and indeed most of the rest of the modern day footballers)- most definitely NO.

Even if McLoone was a 70's tyrone type of footballing hitman, it is also very hard to purposely inflict serious enough damage to cause an opponent to have to go off.

Its easier to injure yourself or a team mate injure you than have an opponent cause you enough damage in a game to cause you bad enough hit to have to go off.

this is all with the fact that the 'incident' isnt a complete obvious kung fu move or off the ball roundhouse punch to an unsuspecting lad and something that is in play and seen by the ref/officials/tv cameras etc.

I barely rem the actual incident, but from the TV replays, it looked like a bad challenge but nothing that I would say was an 'assault' (let alone a pre-meditated one) which is effectively what is being alledged.

Bad tackle yes. Red card - possibly. Intentional - possibly, intentional to inflict enough damage to injure and have McMahon unfit to play on - definitely not , culprit player the hitman type - certainly not.

Theres always something lads. In Tyrone its Donegal's new alliance with the cosa nostra. In Derry its the pitches who are assasinating our players knees.
Forget about these kinds of accusations !!

maximus

With such in depth analysis of his mindset you should be a psychologist! To say some players don't go out to intentionally injure those on the opposing team is just naive.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: maximus on December 09, 2011, 01:30:19 PM
With such in depth analysis of his mindset you should be a psychologist! To say some players don't go out to intentionally injure those on the opposing team is just naive.
I'd argue that it is possible for players to go out with the intention to hurt, but to go out to intentionally injure and put a guy out of the game while not getting sent off yourself is very hard to do.
think about it.

Can only speak for myself, but there were times when I would have taken it upon myself to go and sort out someone. While no mike tyson, on the field of play this was mostly easy enough to do. However even 'hating' an opponent, the sum total of my own action would be to deck the hoor in some manner - but never to fubar anyone.
I have put at least two opponents in hospital for injuries and these were completely accidental.

there was only ever one individual I have seen who I reckon can fall into the bracket of going out to intentionally assault/injure opponents. thats in all my years of football playing and coaching. thats why I think the allegation isnt true.

Applesisapples

Coz of course all managers are innocents who would rather play fair and lose? NOT!!

J70

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 09, 2011, 02:07:37 PM

Coz of course all managers are innocents who would rather play fair and lose? NOT!!

I'm haven't said that.