Inda addresses the State

Started by Nally Stand, December 04, 2011, 12:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 04, 2011, 05:57:25 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 04, 2011, 05:15:18 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 04, 2011, 05:12:39 PM
Good to see you're coming down ard on Inda's cronyism there MGHU.
Agreed - I think that deserves a response.

Not sure who Inda is, but perhaps you mean Enda (or is that how you spell it up in Ulster, looks like Ulster-Scot type spelling to me).

I think it was a very poor decision. Aside from any pay hike being justified or not, it creates very poor optics for Ireland as a nation to an international audience.

Very poor indeed. Hypocritical in fact. Actually, it's FF-esque.

P.S. You are doing a lot of talking about SF on the thread here. This thread is nothing to do with SF. It's about cronyism and hypocricy in FG. Please stick to the subject.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Not sure who Inda is, but perhaps you mean Enda (or is that how you spell it up in Ulster, looks like Ulster-Scot type spelling to me).

I think it was a very poor decision. Aside from any pay hike being justified or not, it creates very poor optics for Ireland as a nation to an international audience.
I think we should worry about the Irish audience first, rather than the international audience. I doubt the international audience is too concerned about the salary of a political advisor.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 04, 2011, 06:02:14 PM

P.S. You are doing a lot of talking about SF on the thread here. This thread is nothing to do with SF. It's about cronyism and hypocricy in FG. Please stick to the subject.

No its not Nally, its about the Taoiseach's address to the nation (despite the deliberate misspelling of his name). I suppose you will scuttle off now to gerrymander the title to suit your agenda.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 04, 2011, 06:42:26 PM

No its not Nally, its about the Taoiseach's address to the nation (despite the deliberate misspelling of his name). I suppose you will scuttle off now to gerrymander the title to suit your agenda.

I opened the thread and wrote the first post which should tell you what the thread is about....the hypocricy of Inda Kenny as evidenced by his cronyist action and the nature of his speech tonight. And EITHER way, if it was just about his speech tonight, then it still wouldn't be a thread about SF, would it. So please, do try and stick to the subject.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 04, 2011, 06:50:14 PM

I opened the thread and wrote the first post which should tell you what the thread is about....the hypocricy of Inda Kenny as evidenced by his cronyist action and the nature of his speech tonight. And EITHER way, if it was just about his speech tonight, then it still wouldn't be a thread about SF, would it. So please, do try and stick to the subject.

You have just mentioned SF twice in quick succession, I think you have established precedent  ;D

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 04, 2011, 06:55:47 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 04, 2011, 06:50:14 PM

You have just mentioned SF twice in quick succession, I think you have established precedent  ;D

Right, you have bumped another thread to distract people from this topic. Kindly now stick to the topic of this thread while in it.

tyronefan

Quote from: tyronefan on December 04, 2011, 02:20:11 PM
Ahh back to the good old days of Charlie Haughey when the Taoiseach was telling us to tighten our belts while he was playing free and easy with the tax payers money.

Nothing has changed

Hadn't realised that Charlie Haughey had the ability to tax people in Tyrone.
[/quote]

Just because I am from Tyrone dont assume I live there

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: tyronefan on December 04, 2011, 07:31:19 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on December 04, 2011, 02:20:11 PM
Ahh back to the good old days of Charlie Haughey when the Taoiseach was telling us to tighten our belts while he was playing free and easy with the tax payers money.

Nothing has changed

Hadn't realised that Charlie Haughey had the ability to tax people in Tyrone.

Just because I am from Tyrone dont assume I live there
[/quote]

Was it in the 1980s you lived down in the 26?

mylestheslasher

Why doesn't enda stand down and let the real boss address the serfs, I'm sure Angela would tell it as it is. We all know what he is going to say anyway - tough times, not my fault, blame ff. Pity we can't ask him about all his election lies.

Pangurban

despite his grandiose title of Taoiseach, he has not at present the power too lick a postage stamp, without approval from Berlin, whatever he says tonight he is only the messenger. A good money saving idea would be to close the Dail, and leave the permanent civil service to administer the dictates of Merkel and the Troika. After all if the so called government is not prepared to stand up for its people, what purpose does it serve

Agent Orange

You'll all be coming north for your petrol and diesel after the budget.

Tubberman

It was very poor judgement on Enda's behalf and undermines him ahead of tonight's State of the Nation address.
Although, I don't see why those in the 6 counties are so concerned - it's not their money that's being spent on the advisor...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Agent Orange

Quote from: Tubberman on December 04, 2011, 09:13:43 PM
Although, I don't see why those in the 6 counties are so concerned - it's not their money that's being spent on the advisor...

Where did the money come from then, ECB, IMF, UK PLC, France, the Germans, Iceland?

Pangurban

The ineptitude and hypocrisy of free state partitionists like you amuses us

Tubberman

Quote from: Pangurban on December 04, 2011, 09:17:25 PM
The ineptitude and hypocrisy of free state partitionists like you amuses us

Never get tired of trying to turn every thread into free state v the north do you?
And then you call "us" partitionists....
This thread is about the Taoiseach's address to the state - keep that other shite out of it, thanks.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."