Martin O'Neill to Sunderland

Started by oakleaflad, December 02, 2011, 10:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: cadence on March 31, 2013, 11:35:03 PM
oh, even more interesting, david milliband resigns as a director on account of di canio's fascist politics. never knew milliband was a sunderland fan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/31/paolo-di-canio-sunderland-talks-manager

Fair play to  Milliband for resigning on principle.

Its funny how the press didn't seem too bothered about Paulo's political beliefs until he got the job at a Premiership club ???
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

Miliband is heading to a new job in New York so I would guess he was gonna quit the post anyway but has taken the opportunity to score some cheap points.

cadence

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 01, 2013, 11:35:30 AM
Miliband is heading to a new job in New York so I would guess he was gonna quit the post anyway but has taken the opportunity to score some cheap points.

i never knew it was possible to score some cheap points on a fascist, but if you say so.

muppet

Di Canio!

Was Balotelli not interested?
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Martin is a proud man so is sore understandably.

Within six hours of the final whistle O'Neill was shown the exit door.

"I'm in the business now where I think very little shocks you about professional football, particularly in the last 10 years," said the 61-year-old.

"I think you can nearly lose your job in management if your tie doesn't fit your suit.

"Coming into the football club at the time when the club was on its knees, and I believe I saved the club from relegation last year, I felt the opportunity [to stay at the club] should have still been afforded to me."

T Fearon

Looks like gamble of appointing Di Canio is paying off.Some performance today!

muppet

This will end in tears, but it will be great viewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi5I8cD080c
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on April 14, 2013, 02:44:35 PM
This will end in tears, but it will great viewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi5I8cD080c

Yeah, but it's great to watch in what is a really boring league!  :(

GalwayBayBoy

shawshank

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Watching motd sweet Jesus had to switch it over that twat Colin Murray interviewing di canio. A combination of your worst nightmare . Di canio made me sick with his antics on line

stew

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 14, 2013, 10:51:44 PM
Watching motd sweet Jesus had to switch it over that t**t Colin Murray interviewing di canio. A combination of your worst nightmare . Di canio made me sick with his antics on line

He just makes me sick!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Di Canio's bubble burst tonight in some style.

Christian Benteke's second-half hat-trick lifted Aston Villa's hopes of Premier League survival and brought Sunderland's revival under new manager Paolo Di Canio to an abrupt halt as the Black Cats were thrashed at Villa Park.

Di Canio described this vital meeting of the strugglers as Sunderland's "Champions League Final" - but it turned into a nightmare as they were dragged right back into the relegation fight along with north-east neighbours Newcastle.
The home victory, and emphatic winning margin, also made it a bad night for Wigan as they now lie five points adrift of Villa, albeit with a game in hand.

Villa's goals, coupled with Newcastle's 6-0 home defeat by Liverpool, also mean the Midlanders leapfrog Alan Pardew's side on goal difference.

imtommygunn

I think wigan are going to run out of road here. Would be nice to see pardew relegated but i think wigan have too much to do and too little time. If they continue with that goalie from saturday it'll not help either.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2013, 11:00:48 PM
I think wigan are going to run out of road here. Would be nice to see pardew relegated but i think wigan have too much to do and too little time. If they continue with that goalie from saturday it'll not help either.

I too would love to see that smug f**ker Pardew relegated but I also have a particular dislike for Sunderland for some unknown reason, think it is since cabbage face Bruce was over them and they became Slur's little puppy dog.  I hope Wigan stay up, I like them, nice football team, if a bit windy, but Martinez comes across as a really nice fella.  The only downside to them is the fog horn known as Dave Whelan.