Tír Eoghain vs Luimneach

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 14, 2007, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

That's a fair point, McGuigan might make the difference there for quality of ball into them.
 Its still nice though to have a FF able to win a high ball if the other isn't working, it would leave
 us a little less predictable and enable a counter to the ever popular sweeper roll these days.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

There's still an awful lot of talk about Rouse in the county based on those McKenna performances. The only reason he hasn't been tried, I'd have thought, was that Mickey's seeing enough in training to warrant his relegation to the bench.

The optimist in me says he's the secret weapon, kept dry for the big guns!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

QuoteThe optimist in me says he's the secret weapon, kept dry for the big guns!!

A cunning Rouse indeed!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tyrones own

He came on a couple of times at 12 and caused no end of trouble and if my
 memory serves me in the game you mention, he actually didn't play the conventional
FF as he dragged his marker out to and spent most of his time around the 40.
I will watch it again though.
Also, am i right in saying he has AI medals at minor and u21 at RHF
Not to mention the allstar in 2001.
So to say he has never perfomed well there is questionable to say the least ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

realredhandfan

Bit harsh on Hughes there,  Papers give him a much better rating. Good to see a bit of form from Hub, Isnt Limerick the tallest midfield in Ireland.  How many natural forwards were out there today for Tyrone? Gonna win very little this year boys.   

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on March 25, 2007, 11:46:14 PM
Stevie's game (as with many ff now) is not to out-catch a fb as Tyrone don't play to that system. If you watch again the masterclasses he gave in 2005, especially his roasting of Bellew and his performance v Monaghan, it was low balls played into him or just off him. Most of these were the result of a level of telepathy between him and McGuigan and how he misses that now.

O'Neill's strength was gathering such possession and swinging it over within the blink of an eyelid.

I think everybody in the country is finally realising just how important McGuigan is to Tyrone and how ruderless they are as an attacking force withouthim. It is no coincidence that both mugsy and O'Neill have been struggling big time since McGuigan got injured. As O'Neill rightly points out the inside forwards dont have to out-catch their marker when the incoming ball is of sufficient quality. No defender can cope with an intelligently running inside forward and the correct type of incoming ball - as McGuigan, O'Neill and Mugsy have demonstrated many times in the past.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 26, 2007, 08:34:23 AM
Bit harsh on Hughes there,  Papers give him a much better rating. Good to see a bit of form from Hub, Isnt Limerick the tallest midfield in Ireland.  How many natural forwards were out there today for Tyrone? Gonna win very little this year boys.   

Sorry RRHF, our midfield was non-existent in the first half, Donnelly was equally ineffective in ball winning but didn't fumble or get turned over as much; were it a case of Kelvin Hughes still stepping up to the inter-county mark then great, though he needs to arrive sharpish, though I have my severe doubts.  Mc Ginley dropped back and only for that we would have been totally steamrolled.  Hub made a difference, sprayed some decent low ball into the forwards, and took a peach of a point himself.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 26, 2007, 08:59:51 AM

I think everybody in the country is finally realising just how important McGuigan is to Tyrone ...

Speaking of whom, any word on how the operation went Loughshore Lad?

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 26, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

I think everybody in the country is finally realising just how important McGuigan is to Tyrone ...

Operation was last Friday and apparently went well he will be in a protective cast for about 7 days - just as a protective measure.

realredhandfan

Paper gives Mc ginley a poor rating???  >:(
Tyrone herald

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 26, 2007, 09:20:26 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 26, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

Operation was last Friday and apparently went well he will be in a protective cast for about 7 days - just as a protective measure.

Great, thanks.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 26, 2007, 09:20:56 AM
Paper gives Mc ginley a poor rating???  >:(
Tyrone herald

He faded in the 2nd half all right RRHF, but scrapped well for the ball for the most part. Don't think his game is ever one of shining, always more of grafting and frustrating the opposition, and as such, he didn't have the worst of games I thought.