Tír Eoghain vs Luimneach

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 14, 2007, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Niall Gormley seemed to be the only positive. Limerick put a ton wide during the game. Had they been on target, they would have been run away winners.

What's the story with Mulligan and Calvin?
Testing Accessibility

phpearse

Limerick had something like 18 wides!!

sam03/05

Mulligan and Harte have had a fall out.
apparently havnt spoken since he was sent off against Cork

ziggysego

Quote from: phpearse on March 25, 2007, 05:13:47 PM
Limerick had something like 18 wides!!

No, that was 18 wides up to whatever point Paddy said. 18 wides from both sides... admittely mostly from the Limerick side.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrones own

Mulligan's presence was missing today, O'Neill isn't at the races these day's at all for some reason.
Mellon seemed to do well along with Justin McMahon, McCullagh sounded like he was
his usual busy self when introduced.
Gormley's presence is def under rated in that back line when we see what happens as
a result of him coming off, 4 or 5 unanswered points for Limerick.
As for Cavlan, i think its obvious at this stage that Himself and Mr Harte just can't and won't
see eye to eye.
Niall Gormley didn't do himself any harm today in his quest for a place :)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

I believe Mulligan was 'disciplined' for not turning up to training. Another poor performance by all accounts. O'Neill should NOT be in the half forward line. He has never performed there and completely negates what he's good at - winning possession, turn and over the bar.

Hughes seemed to redeem himself in the second, was he moved into the middle and Donnelly back a bit?

On the plus side, stops the rot. With Mayo and Kerry to come....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Reckon that puts us, Dublin, Kerry and Mayo all on 6 points with 2 games to go.

Beat Kerry and Mayo = Div 1 for sure and poss semi final if Dublin get turned over by either Kerry(H) or Mayo(A)

Lose both  and we still may see relegation,

Going by todays game on the radio and the past few weeks - I'm not overly optomistic.

Think the u-21s going out may have a small silver lining in that we can finally see McCarron and Mulgrew back in action.

Wonder what is wrong with SON at present. Free taking has been erratic and don't think he has scored more than 4??? from play in the NFL this year.(could be wrong - don't diligently keep a track of scorers)

Tyrones own

Quote from: ONeill on March 25, 2007, 07:49:19 PM
I believe Mulligan was 'disciplined' for not turning up to training. Another poor performance by all accounts. O'Neill should NOT be in the half forward line. He has never performed there and completely negates what he's good at - winning possession, turn and over the bar.

Hughes seemed to redeem himself in the second, was he moved into the middle and Donnelly back a bit?

On the plus side, stops the rot. With Mayo and Kerry to come....

SON hasn't exactly performed well at 14 in quite sometime either O'Neill, I remember a couple of sublime performances
out of him in the HF line in '03, i suppose thats what I'm hanging on to.
Maybe the right corner would be the place for him then with a big lad like Rouse at 14.
I'm not sure i would class him as a great ball winner under the pressure of the dragging and pulling that he 's accustomed to,
in fact i think he has been shown to struggle big time with it in recent times.
So its in that respect i feel he is more suited to running at the posts as opposed to having his back to them.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

sam03/05

Dont think we can make the semi finals as we have a very poor scoring average.

KIDDO

Just back from Limerick , after a marathon 4 hour trip  , lucky to win the game with Gormley , Ryan Mellon , and Colm mc Cullagh, the only positives, from a terrible performance.

youbetterbelieveit

ya was at the game myself, brutal to be honest from limk, Good up as far as midfield, but our forwards were not at the races, not until the last five mins, did we score from play and even with a few points we could have taken something from the game,

Fear ón Srath Bán

Lucky to hold out in the end, and thankful that Limerick were so profligate with their shooting.  Non-existent midfield in the first half, little service (if any) to the forwards, Hub made a difference in the 2nd half and is looking better and better in midfield.  Joe Mc Mahon did well overall for his first game back, Dermot Carlin and Ricey coped in the corners, Justin Mc Mahon solid enough and improving, Davy Harte his consistent self, Kelvin Hughes not in it, fumbled the ball and gave away too much possession, Brian Dooher gave the ball away too easily too though full of running, Ryan Mellon's best game for a long time, Enda Mc Ginley foraged well , Peter Donnelly erratic and seems to lack the bottle for the battle (standing back allowing the opposition clean jumps), Niall Gormley promising with plenty of speed and shooting accuracy, Colm Mc Cullagh did well when introduced, Stevie still not at the races but his dead ball kicking's getting there, Conor Gormley his usual self until off with injury.

Overall, much improvement needed before next Saturday, and I think Hub must start in the centre.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Star Spangler

Quotecompletely negates what he's good at - winning possession, turn and over the bar

I wouldn't disagree with the turn and over the bar, but being good at winning possession?  He can run onto a pass alright, but I don't easily remember him out-catching a defender while at FF.

O'Neill is strong on the ball and very good at taking on and beating defenders and that's why I think a more outfield position suits his talents.

ONeill

Stevie's game (as with many ff now) is not to out-catch a fb as Tyrone don't play to that system. If you watch again the masterclasses he gave in 2005, especially his roasting of Bellew and his performance v Monaghan, it was low balls played into him or just off him. Most of these were the result of a level of telepathy between him and McGuigan and how he misses that now.

O'Neill's strength was gathering such possession and swinging it over within the blink of an eyelid.

ONeill

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 25, 2007, 08:15:25 PM

SON hasn't exactly performed well at 14 in quite sometime either O'Neill, I remember a couple of sublime performances
out of him in the HF line in '03, i suppose thats what I'm hanging on to.

I don't mean to be rude but I honestly don't know where you're getting this from. O'Neill only played a bit-part in 2003 and his best performance of the lot came in the All-Ireland semi when he came on for Canavan at FF and scored 0-3.