My Christmas= Ruined

Started by Hashtag, November 24, 2011, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

I remember having to work Stephens Day one year from 8am - travelling back up from Offaly to Dublin on Christmas night into a cold, lonely house was quare depressing - and then the car broke down on the way. I will admit I felt fairly sorry for myself then all right.

But what you've described there is hardly that bad - you still have all the main days off. I'd say there would be a lot of medical/security/retail people that would swap with you.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 12:43:12 PM
I am going to negoiate this. I am going to ask for the 23rd off.
That way I will have four days in a row off 23rd 24th (sat) Our Lords Day (sun) 26th (mon)
HAVE to work 27th  :'(
Will work 28th

Will try to negoiate the 29th off as well.
That way I am only working ONE day more than normal but just still being accomadating.
Wish me luck. But going by the rest of the posts the rest of you are just haters.

#spiteful

What do you work at?

Capt Pat

Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 11:50:25 AM
Got bad news there.......
Have to work
27th 28th and 29th of December
As well as come in on 3rd of Jan which was also a holiday.
Technically I am off:
26TH Dec
30th Dec
2nd of Jan

Three days is not enough to celebrate the birth of our Lord.

First Christmas in new home as well and recently married.

People of the forum...feel sorry for me or at least let me hear tales for your broken Christmas.

You will be all the better for it. You won't be sitting around the house eating food and drinking getting unhealthy. Christmas day and St Stephens Day .

Hashtag

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 24, 2011, 12:49:27 PM
Have to work
Technically I am off:
26TH Dec
30th Dec
2nd of Jan

People of the forum...feel sorry for me or at least let me hear tales for your broken Christmas.

You will be all the better for it. You won't be sitting around the house eating food and drinking getting unhealthy. Christmas day and St Stephens Day .

I llike Boxing Day on the drink and out that night. Won't be able to do it this year. Had to work one day over the fesitive period last year but we are putting in a new system so have to come in extra this year.

Hashtag

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 24, 2011, 12:47:40 PM
That way I will have four days in a row off 23rd 24th (sat) Our Lords Day (sun) 26th (mon)
Will work 28th

That way I am only working ONE day more than normal but just still being accomadating.
Wish me luck. But going by the rest of the posts the rest of you are just haters.

#spiteful

What do you work at?

I run my own Business.

NAG1

Hardy

Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 12:57:51 PM
Will work 28th

#spiteful

What do you work at?

I run my own Business.
:D :D :D :D

Rois

Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 12:57:27 PM
Have to work
Technically I am off:
26TH Dec
30th Dec
2nd of Jan

I llike Boxing Day on the drink and out that night. Won't be able to do it this year. Had to work one day over the fesitive period last year but we are putting in a new system so have to come in extra this year.

Nothing to do with celebrating the birth of Jesus then, and you're dying to spend an evening out of this new house you're talking about??

Hashtag

Quote from: Rois on November 24, 2011, 01:09:09 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 12:57:27 PM
Have to work
Technically I am off:
26TH Dec
30th Dec
2nd of Jan

Nothing to do with celebrating the birth of Jesus then, and you're dying to spend an evening out of this new house you're talking about??

Drink will be consumed in the new house during the day. Out of the tiles that night. I plan to return to the house at some point. I will be celebrating the birth of Our Lord on the allocated day of the celebration. I attend mass on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I exchange in the giving of gifts which is a symbol of the gifts that are brought to the crib. I got the wife GHD's I think this is relevant.

Hashtag

Quote from: Hardy on November 24, 2011, 01:06:34 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 12:57:51 PM
Will work 28th

#spiteful

What do you work at?

I run my own Business.

8)

thebigfella

I run my own businesses and managed to give myself 3 weeks off over Christmas and the new year; 2 in Dubai and 1 in Vegas. Your obviously not good at the management side of things.

thejuice

Is it your wife boss telling you to go out and work then?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hashtag

Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2011, 01:22:27 PM
Is it your wife boss telling you to go out and work then?

NB I was only saying I ran my own business for comic effect. I do not have the dedication, drive, motivation, intelligence and contacts to have my own business. This is evident in the opening post.

haranguerer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 24, 2011, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2011, 11:56:21 AM
More time off than me or my other half. My parents rarely get Christmas day off together as they both were nurses, got a half day if they were lucky.

get over it.

You parents were lesbians  :o

Thats sexist dinny. Gay men can be nurses too

Hashtag

Quote from: haranguerer on November 24, 2011, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 24, 2011, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2011, 11:56:21 AM
More time off than me or my other half. My parents rarely get Christmas day off together as they both were nurses, got a half day if they were lucky.

get over it.

You parents were lesbians  :o

Thats sexist dinny. Gay men can be nurses too