My Christmas= Ruined

Started by Hashtag, November 24, 2011, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 01:13:31 PM

Drink will be consumed in the new house during the day. Out of the tiles that night. I plan to return to the house at some point. I will be celebrating the birth of Our Lord on the allocated day of the celebration. I attend mass on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I exchange in the giving of gifts which is a symbol of the gifts that are brought to the crib. I got the wife GHD's I think this is relevant.

But you said three days wasn't enough to celebrate the birth of Jesus - by what you've just said there, you only need two, which you are not working on anyway. 

But hey, I'm enjoying this thread. 

Ps if only recently married, ffs don't be just giving her GHDs for Christmas, make sure there's a nice meaningful pressie in there (and I don't mean expensive).  If I get GHDs I'll be very unhappy - to me it's like buying me an iron or a hoover.

Hashtag

Quote from: Rois on November 24, 2011, 01:40:09 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 01:13:31 PM

Drink will be consumed in the new house during the day. Out of the tiles that night. I plan to return to the house at some point. I will be celebrating the birth of Our Lord on the allocated day of the celebration. I attend mass on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I exchange in the giving of gifts which is a symbol of the gifts that are brought to the crib. I got the wife GHD's I think this is relevant.

But you said three days wasn't enough to celebrate the birth of Jesus - by what you've just said there, you only need two, which you are not working on anyway. 

But hey, I'm enjoying this thread. 

Ps if only recently married, ffs don't be just giving her GHDs for Christmas, make sure there's a nice meaningful pressie in there (and I don't mean expensive).  If I get GHDs I'll be very unhappy - to me it's like buying me an iron or a hoover.

Seriously? I thought I was home in a boat there. What do you suggest? I was going to get her a couple of other wee things like. Nothing expenses. GHD's were the expensive thing. F**k.

Rois

Really does she not have a set already?  I'm being too personal maybe on this, but I buy my own GHDs when I need them, ie when the set I am using burn out.  Unless she's dropped mega hints?

Denn Forever

What are GHDs?

Oh, and before I forget. Bah Humbug.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hashtag

Quote from: Rois on November 24, 2011, 01:43:15 PM
Really does she not have a set already?  I'm being too personal maybe on this, but I buy my own GHDs when I need them, ie when the set I am using burn out.  Unless she's dropped mega hints?

She had a pair with her sister. Her Sister went to college and took the GHD's. The wife and I are now living together a few months. No Straighteners. She hasn't had a Good Hair Day (GHD) since leaving home. I felt sorry for her. She says things like 'If only I had a pair of straighters, in this new house with a new hubby, my life would be fulfilled'. I got the message.

Hashtag

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 24, 2011, 01:44:38 PM
What are GHDs?

Oh, and before I forget. Bah Humbug.

G.H.D's are the global phenomenon of an iron for the hair. They apparently are no better than any other hair straightner on the market but there global advertising campaign has led the female species to believe these are the fo shissle. This won't be the only HOT STICK she will be playing with this Christmas!!! I also got her a new poker for our fire. Classy.

thejuice

Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 01:28:27 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2011, 01:22:27 PM
Is it your wife boss telling you to go out and work then?

NB I was only saying I ran my own business for comic effect. I do not have the dedication, drive, motivation, intelligence and contacts to have my own business. This is evident in the opening post.

I gathered that
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hashtag

Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2011, 02:02:46 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on November 24, 2011, 01:28:27 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2011, 01:22:27 PM
Is it your wife boss telling you to go out and work then?

NB I was only saying I ran my own business for comic effect. I do not have the dedication, drive, motivation, intelligence and contacts to have my own business. This is evident in the opening post.

I gathered that

I would like to think you did, considering I told you.
Are you mental? sorry mentally challenged

magpie seanie

Great thread, hilarious stuff.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on November 24, 2011, 01:21:00 PM
I run my own businesses and managed to give myself 3 weeks off over Christmas and the new year; 2 in Dubai and 1 in Vegas. Your obviously not good at the management side of things.
Thebigfella in "humblebrag" shocker  :D

deiseach

I've never had to work at Christmas, usually stashing holidays and pouncing when they become available. But that's because I have to. Christmas invariably involves times with the in-laws. Now, this isn't as stressful as it used to be. I've become a better actor which reduces tension at all levels. But there'll always be at last one volcanic eruption from either my mother-in-law or brother-in-law which leaves a sour taste. Then I get home to find out that people spent three days sitting on the arses in work because things are usually quiet in workplaces during the holidays. I'd really rather have the time off in the summer time when the weather is high and you can stretch right up and touch the sky.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 24, 2011, 02:07:15 PM
Great thread, hilarious stuff.

yeah , The " i run my own business "comment brought it to another level altogether  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

Stick to the thread please.

The subject was lesbian nurses I believe...........
MWWSI 2017

theskull1

Quote from: muppet on November 24, 2011, 02:24:09 PM

One for olly's S.E.W.E.R thread muppet

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20661.0
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Christmas Lights

Quote from: muppet on November 24, 2011, 02:24:09 PM

That comment is pretty useless without pictures to support it...................

Step up muppet.