Bruce Springsteen and e street band touring in 2012

Started by the Deel Rover, November 21, 2011, 07:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearglasmor

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 24, 2011, 05:55:55 PM
Does anyone have a site with prices & date of sale for the concerts in England? Cheers.

www.backstreets.com

Declan

No recession in D4 either !!
Hotel doubles its room price for night of Springsteen concert

By Aideen Sheehan Consumer Correspondent
Friday November 25 2011
A LEADING hotel doubled its room prices yesterday as soon as Bruce Springsteen announced a concert.

The Herbert Park Hotel in Ballsbridge, Dublin, immediately raised its room rates from €119 to €250 for the night of the concert at the RDS on July 17 next year.

And despite the high price, takers of this special 'Bruce Springsteen package' will have to fork out extra for breakfast as the price is room-only.

The hotel, which is adjacent to the concert venue, was charging €119 per room for a twin or double room on July 16. But this soared to €125 per person -- or €250 per room -- the following night in anticipation of a flood of concert-goers.

Aiken Promotions announced yesterday that tickets for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band would go on sale through Ticketmaster at 9am next Thursday, priced from €86 to €96.

One music fan commented on Twitter: "Does the 'E' in E Street mean expensive?"

Springsteen last played Ireland with a sellout gig in the RDS back in 2009.

Next year's event will be the first Irish outing of the E Street Band without legendary saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who died during the summer.

Springsteen concerts have regularly provided a bonanza for pubs and hotels near the RDS.

The nearby Sandymount Hotel was already booked up for the night of the show by lunchtime yesterday.

The five-star Four Seasons Hotel was charging €280 per room for the night of the concert, although this appears to be its standard price.

The Herbert Park Hotel declined to comment last night on why it had raised its prices for the Springsteen concert.

AQMP

ziggy90

Can anyone tell me the official website selling the Bruce tickets for the concerts in England.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Maguire01

Quote from: Declan on November 25, 2011, 09:18:41 AM
The Herbert Park Hotel declined to comment last night on why it had raised its prices for the Springsteen concert.
If that journalist can't work out the 'why', he needs to go back to school.

Tony Baloney

Do hotels in all cities put the arm in for cases like this or is it just Dublin that continues to rip the arse out of it.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 27, 2011, 12:28:53 AM
Do hotels in all cities put the arm in for cases like this or is it just Dublin that continues to rip the arse out of it.
As long as people keep paying those prices, it's hard to see why the hotels would do anything else.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: fearglasmor on November 24, 2011, 01:32:29 PM
€32 an hour to see Bruce and the Band dont see the problem.  In 28 years hes been here less than a dozen times so its less than a 1 in 2 year event.
And hopefully I'll stretch to a European trip or maybe 2.

With any luck the price might keep away the younger nyoks who either stand around thinking its shite coz he didnt play the two songs they know or are only there to get tanked up and start pushing their way up to the front towards the end.   ;)

Good man yourself. As long as there are fools like you around then Aiken and all the rest can charge what they like for tickets.
Careful now

fearglasmor

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 27, 2011, 11:18:57 PM
Quote from: fearglasmor on November 24, 2011, 01:32:29 PM
€32 an hour to see Bruce and the Band dont see the problem.  In 28 years hes been here less than a dozen times so its less than a 1 in 2 year event.
And hopefully I'll stretch to a European trip or maybe 2.

With any luck the price might keep away the younger nyoks who either stand around thinking its shite coz he didnt play the two songs they know or are only there to get tanked up and start pushing their way up to the front towards the end.   ;)

Good man yourself. As long as there are fools like you around then Aiken and all the rest can charge what they like for tickets.

Good lad Dougal.  If you cant afford it or dont want to pay it on principle, then cut the f**king whinging and just dont pay it. No one will force you to hand over your cash. This country is jammed full of people like you who like to revel  in whingeing.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

the Deel Rover

tickets on sale this morning for anyone thats interested
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

TacadoirArdMhacha

Nearly €100 I can't afford, gone on something I can't enjoy for 7 months and I couldn't be happier.  ;D
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the Deel Rover

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 01, 2011, 09:17:51 AM
Nearly €100 I can't afford, gone on something I can't enjoy for 7 months and I couldn't be happier.  ;D

thats my christmas present to my betterhalf sorted  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers