Bruce Springsteen and e street band touring in 2012

Started by the Deel Rover, November 21, 2011, 07:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: theskull1 on November 21, 2011, 10:40:35 PM
Bruce Springsteen concerts nowadays are full of self-conscious middle aged couples making it impossible to create the  atmosphere of yesteryear.
I've been to watch Bruce on most of his tours starting with the River, so I suppose I come into this self-conscious middle age set you seem to think form most of the audience at his shows & I have never seen any evidence of this. No matter how old the audience is at a Bruce & ESB concert he always manages to have them singing & dancing in the aisles. No doubt we will miss "C" (irreplaceable) but I'm sure his stand in wont let his memory down. Bring it on.                 
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

theskull1

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 22, 2011, 08:55:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 21, 2011, 10:40:35 PM
Bruce Springsteen concerts nowadays are full of self-conscious middle aged couples making it impossible to create the  atmosphere of yesteryear.
I've been to watch Bruce on most of his tours starting with the River, so I suppose I come into this self-conscious middle age set you seem to think form most of the audience at his shows & I have never seen any evidence of this. No matter how old the audience is at a Bruce & ESB concert he always manages to have them singing & dancing in the aisles. No doubt we will miss "C" (irreplaceable) but I'm sure his stand in wont let his memory down. Bring it on.                 

For everyone dancing in the ailses there's hundreds sitting toe tapping and hand clapping. Have seen it with my own eyes. Bruce walks over to one side to get those seated off their feet....they get up and strart boggie woggying. Bruce turn round and walks over to the others side of the stage and they sit down again in their droves. Rock and roll
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ziggy90

Stay away this time you & give someone young a chance to see still the best show in town.

theskull1

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 22, 2011, 09:43:56 PM
Stay away this time you & give someone young a chance to see still the best show in town.

Sound advice..cheers

Declan

As rumoured earlier in the week, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band are coming to town. They play Dublin's RDS on July 17 next. Tickets go on sale next Thursday (December 1) at €96 and €86 a pop (plus TM fees).

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Declan on November 24, 2011, 09:10:30 AM
As rumoured earlier in the week, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band are coming to town. They play Dublin's RDS on July 17 next. Tickets go on sale next Thursday (December 1) at €96 and €86 a pop (plus TM fees).
No austerity measures for the Boss I see.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2011, 09:23:55 AM
No austerity measures for the Boss I see.

does the boss not realise that the glory days are long gone and that we are in the middle of a recession.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Sandino

Sh1t that is crazy money in these days. I am a massive Springsteen fan and I have seen him many times but I'm not paying €100 to watch him a hole like the RDS. It would be better value to go and see him somewhere in Europe and at least you could have a city break and the gig. I might change my mind yet though ;D

"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

fearglasmor

€32 an hour to see Bruce and the Band dont see the problem.  In 28 years hes been here less than a dozen times so its less than a 1 in 2 year event.
And hopefully I'll stretch to a European trip or maybe 2.

With any luck the price might keep away the younger nyoks who either stand around thinking its shite coz he didnt play the two songs they know or are only there to get tanked up and start pushing their way up to the front towards the end.   ;)

orangeman

That's rough boys !

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fearglasmor on November 24, 2011, 01:32:29 PM
€32 an hour to see Bruce and the Band dont see the problem.  In 28 years hes been here less than a dozen times so its less than a 1 in 2 year event.
And hopefully I'll stretch to a European trip or maybe 2.

With any luck the price might keep away the younger nyoks who either stand around thinking its shite coz he didnt play the two songs they know or are only there to get tanked up and start pushing their way up to the front towards the end.   ;)
Skull will be dancing the aisles so they'll need to push him out of the way.

ziggy90

Skull has banished himself & I bet he's glad when he sees those prices. ;)

Maguire01

I think at that price, and given its the RDS, I'll be quite happy to give it a miss this time.

theskull1

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 24, 2011, 06:06:53 PM
Skull has banished himself & I bet he's glad when he sees those prices. ;)

So ecstatic I actually went to mass just to dance down an aisle