Enda Mc Ginley becomes retirement number 5 - how many more ?

Started by orangeman, November 18, 2011, 10:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteI think it's a good thing.

I think its a good thing too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Carmen Stateside

Most under rated player of the whole lot! Would have been on my starting fifteen every time.  Injurys didnt help him much. 

Orchardman

The thing about it all is that it is no surprise to anyone. The main crumble of the armagh team started in 06 with the mcentee twins going (only 29 at the time), until after the 08 championship when mcgrane, mcconville, bellew all played their last. Geezer and marsden went in 07.

When u have a team build around the 97/98 minors, i've always said to my tyrone mates that the year will come when they lose around 10 players in a year or 2.

Mcginley is a sound man from what i hear, actually think he's younger than that bunch, maybe only 29 so plenty of good club football left. Was a decent interview in the gaelic life rag last week about him, stevie o neill and john devine training for that westport to summit involving swimming, running, cycling and climbing the mountain! Himself and jordan are the the biggest miss from that team since wee pete went.

Interesting that stevie on neill retired in 08, and he now seems to be ready for a 4th year since his comeback, the poor man seems to have been hit by injuries at some stage every year since though

Aaron Boone

This summer's gametime for Coney, P Harte & M Donnelly now looks a good move by Mickey Harte. The retirements may not create the vacuum seen in the likes of Meath after 01, Armagh 07.

skeog

year til sunday

Would be hoping for something like
Pakie
Ricey
McCarron
M.Gallagher (Omagh)
Gormley
Justin McMahon
Red Sean
Sean Cav
McKenna
Pete Harte
Joe McMahon
Girvan
R.O'Neill
Coney
S.O'Neill

Winnie Peg

Quote from: year til sunday on November 19, 2011, 05:16:40 PM
Would be hoping for something like
Pakie
Ricey
McCarron
M.Gallagher (Omagh)
Gormley
Justin McMahon
Red Sean
Sean Cav
McKenna
Pete Harte
Joe McMahon
Girvan
R.O'Neill
Coney
S.O'Neill

You'll be heading for Division 3 with that out fit. ;D ;D

EC Unique

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 15, 2013, 09:04:44 PM
Looks like he's finished with club football as well

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/enda-mcginley-calls-time-on-football-career/

Yep. Massive loss to our chances of retaining our title. Good luck to him. He owes Tyrone and Errigal nothing.