Cashing Cheques

Started by Cold tea, November 11, 2011, 01:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold tea

I received a cheque today from my mortgage provided in my name and my wife's maiden name, she never bothered in over 13 years to bring in her marriage certificate and get the name changed!!  Anyways we have our own accounts and joint account in her marriage name, can we lodge this cheque anywhere?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Radda bout yeee

Is this Sean Gallagher??  :o

michael d

ye the bank will let it go thru

Cold tea

Quote from: michael d on November 11, 2011, 03:02:37 PM
ye the bank will let it go thru

Thanks would my wife need to bring her marriage certificate, to prove who she was rather than who she now is?

muppet

Quote from: Cold tea on November 11, 2011, 01:45:02 PM
I received a cheque today from my mortgage provided in my name and my wife's maiden name, she never bothered in over 13 years to bring in her marriage certificate and get the name changed!!  Anyways we have our own accounts and joint account in her marriage name, can we lodge this cheque anywhere?

No. You need to send me your bank details urgently, and while you are at it send your car, your VLC, and the wife as well, just to be on the safe side.

Always read the small print no matter how pointless and tedious and utterly full of waffle it might appear it is always worth checking as it can change everything in court. Note I may not, in fact, be serious.
MWWSI 2017