Kevin Cassidy is in bother with the boss.

Started by orangeman, November 08, 2011, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2011, 09:43:18 AM
"THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!"

Jesus the over reaction about Donegal here is ridiculous lads! Greece won the Euros a few years ago playing a shite brand of football, Jose Mourinho has won titles playing shite football but in the end the teams like Barcelona come along and restore faith in the world. What McGuinness did is no worse than what the boul' Trap is doing with Ireland (And will be given the freedom of Dublin should they qualify for the Euros).

People need to relax and realise that fads liket these will happen and upset the applecart for a while but quality teams will undoubtedly overcome it!!

Screenexile, I dont know about Donegal, but I am definitely overreacting about your avatar... I am looking at it with horror  :o Is that your child? Do you have children?

screenexile

Lol I like it!

It's nothing to do with me I stole it off the "animated gifs" thread on the Non-GAA section. The best of them by a long way!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2011, 11:07:42 AM
Lol I like it!

It's nothing to do with me I stole it off the "animated gifs" thread on the Non-GAA section. The best of them by a long way!

You don't have children or you're more disturbed than Cassidy then...   ;)

HiMucker

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 10, 2011, 11:11:12 AM
Lol I like it!

I think its pretty purrr avatar!

screenexile

Lol I like it!

If he's big enough to dish it out he's good enough to take it in return!!!

OverThePostsAWide

Whether Cassidy has revealed things about the Donegal campaign that we already know (or could work out) is not the point. Forget about all the parochial overblown hype about "omertas" and "vows of silence" sh*te (should Cassidy expect a donkey's head in his bed?). Bottom line is he broke a trust for his own personal gain, plain and simple. Whether that gain was money, personal glory, or a better chance of getting off with Galvin, he went on a solo run when it was agreed there should be 14 men behind the ball, as it were. He had to walk or be pushed, squads can't function with that level of distrust.

What is more disturbing is what it implies. He wants us to know...

- He idolises McMenamin and Galvin and their on-the-edge nasty tendencies. He "thinks" about Galvin everyday FFS  ???
- He wants to emulate the tough-man, ultra hard hitting Brian 'Wolverine' Dawkins.

Yet, when he suspects that Connolly might have struck Bambi Boyle he wants us to believe that his instinctive reaction was to prance about like a soccer pansy figuratively waving a red card and thinking about the final? I have looked at plenty of Brian 'Wolverine' Dawkins clips and in not one does he prance about like aforesaid pansy. Any, self-respecting red-meat-eating Gweedore man worth his salt (and Cassidy was king of them until this year) would have instinctively floored Connolly with a shoulder. I said it at the time on here, I think the Connolly sending off incident was premeditated and rehearsed. Just another cynical gameplay to be rolled out if and when the opportunity arose or could be engineered. Look it again, Boyle, Cassidy and Kavanagh's roles in that wee cameo are not at all natural or convincing.

Cassidy is a tool but not the sharpest tool - that is clear. He didn't make up a masterplan all on his own. He didn't just wake up the morning of the Tyrone match and decide on the spur of the moment that he would get in Red Peter's face like he's never done before. Unless maybe McMenamin and Galvin spoke to him in a dream?

There is something distasteful, cynical, and corrupt at the core of the Donegal Project and the finger of suspicion is pointing firmly at McGuinness and his henchman Gallagher.

I am looking forward to watching the wheels coming off, one wheel at a time  ;D

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2011, 11:18:07 AM
Lol I like it!

If he's big enough to dish it out he's good enough to take it in return!!!

You're not a parent then. A priest?

sheamy

big exclusive in gaelic life...wow...never saw that coming  ;D

http://www.gaeliclife.com/2011/11/10/cassidy-speaks/

nothing contrived here folks. Just like this photo...

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: sheamy on November 10, 2011, 11:29:38 AM
big exclusive in gaelic life...wow...never saw that coming  ;D

http://www.gaeliclife.com/2011/11/10/cassidy-speaks/

nothing contrived here folks. Just like this photo...

That photo looks like it's been taken off Paul Galvin's webcam. Is Cassidy Donegal's answer to Jordan? (and I don't mean Philip). Will he be releasing a new autobiography every 18 months too?

orangeman

No big deal is right.

Cassdy spilled the beans.

Some people on here say he did it for personal gain, i.e money. No chance - Cassidy won't get a bob out of it.

Mc Guinness meanwhle continues to collect his salary from his full time job.

Peope on here are saying that Cassidy "sgned up" to a set of rules and he broke them - ok then, let's see what he did sign up - Cassidy was playing senior football with Donegal - a part time, amateur sport - we;re talkng about t as if he is some sort of professonal footballer who s paid thousands a week, who has some big contract. Tme for a reality check !

sheamy

It's simple. It's a love triangle gone wrong...Cassidy and McGuinness were daddy and Gallagher mummy. Cass kept pining for Galvin so Rory got upset and threw the 'toys' out of the bed.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: orangeman on November 10, 2011, 11:48:54 AM
No big deal is right.
No argument from me. But it is fun to talk about.

Cassdy spilled the beans.
Yep

Some people on here say he did it for personal gain, i.e money.
More than one way to define personal gain - see above. He did it for some reason though.

No chance - Cassidy won't get a bob out of it.
And you know this how? And for the Gaelic Life article?

Mc Guinness meanwhle continues to collect his salary from his full time job.
huh?  ??? And what's that got to do with the price of corn? I don't know if Cassidy is working, but he would continue to collect his salary too if he is.

Peope on here are saying that Cassidy "sgned up" to a set of rules and he broke them - ok then, let's see what he did sign up - Cassidy was playing senior football with Donegal - a part time, amateur sport - we;re talkng about t as if he is some sort of professonal footballer who s paid thousands a week, who has some big contract. Tme for a reality check !

I don't know what the amount of money has to do with anything or whether a contract is "big", or not, matters, but yeah, Cassidy can do and say what he wants as an amateur (within the law of the land). But so can McGuinness as manager - or would you not give him the same free will rights? Cassidy has no "right" to play for Donegal, and McGuinness doesn't have to pick him, that's the reality check.

orangeman

Gaelic Life ?? We're not talking the News of the World or Sunday Times ( no disrespect to the GL ) but I'd be very surprised if he was getting much if anything from this article.

Cassidy isn't getting paid to play for Donegal - Mc Guinness may well be getting legitimate expenses to do the job ( happy now ?? ) - does Mc Guinness's job description say that he can kick anybody off the panel as he sees fit ?. Or is he operating his own set of rules that suit him ( which the players might or might not have been aware of ) ?. When Mc Guinness went back looking Cassidy to kick ball for Doengal, I'd be amazed if he sat him down and gave him ( and the rest of the panel ) a set of rules, one of which was that you're not allowed to speak to the press.

You're right - Mc Guinness doesn't have to pick him. Jim has built up quite a reputation and clearly sees that the Cassidy story has tarnished his and Donegal's image.

everymanaman

All this publicity might keep the Gaelic Life afloat for another few weeks

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: orangeman on November 10, 2011, 12:44:06 PM
Gaelic Life ?? We're not talking the News of the World or Sunday Times ( no disrespect to the GL ) but I'd be very surprised if he was getting much if anything from this article.

So maybe a bob then?

Mc Guinness is being paid to manage Donegal - does Mc Guinness's job description say that he can kick anybody off the panel as he sees fit ?

I would have thought most managers with any self-respect, whether paid or not, would expect to have that discretion whether it is explicity laid out or not.