Is the International Rules concept a dead duck?

Started by Jinxy, November 02, 2011, 12:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

I love watching it. So do a lot of people I know. I read that artical there and agree fully. It should be promoted a lot better. The players themselves obviously enjoy playing it.

Seeing the likes of Donaghy play alongside Murphy and Glynn is great to watch. It is a huge honour to wear an Ireland shirt, and as long as players see it that way then the game should stay. The boys wouldnt have went if they hated the game. I for one will be sad to see it go, if it does.

donegal_abu

I enjoy watching it :) Like eaglelord said to see the likes of Murphy, Donaghey etc. playing togethers great to see. Just wish the aussies took it more serious and that it was a tighter contest this year

screenexile

Quote from: Jinxy on November 04, 2011, 09:08:22 AM
The more people that undermine it the better.
Who actually ENJOYS watching it?
No one I know does.
"Ah but the players seem to like it".
I really don't care if they do.

I enjoy it and always have done. I think it's an exciting battle seeing Amateurs take on proffessionals although it would be better served if both Countries would put their best foot forward in terms of players and not only get the best players when the holiday is involved.

Other than that better scheduling would help the series and I think that when both teams are evenly matched and going at it that the games very enjoyable.

I haven't checked yet but I would imagine there is another Mickey Harte rant in the Irish News today  ::) ::)

ha ha derry

25000 seater stadium more than half empty says it all  ;D

EagleLord

I always thoguht that funny myself, Mickey Harte is 100% against the series, hates it, even when his best player arguably, Sean Cavanagh, loves it, even captained the side.

ha ha derry

ha ha derry

Winnie Peg

Instead of time suspensions for players from now, players who are sent off should be made to watch  a number of repeats of that depending on the severity of their offence.

ha ha derry

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 04, 2011, 10:39:29 AM
Instead of time suspensions for players from now, players who are sent off should be made to watch  a number of repeats of that depending on the severity of their offence.

:D :D :D :D

ha ha derry

ha ha derry

ha ha derry

Jonah

Quote from: Jinxy on November 04, 2011, 09:08:22 AM
The more people that undermine it the better.
Who actually ENJOYS watching it?
No one I know does.
"Ah but the players seem to like it".
I really don't care if they do.
The players probably don't care that you don't like it.

BennyCake