Biggest Winning Margin in a Club Final

Started by GAA_Talk, October 21, 2011, 02:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Talk

In light of Crossmaglen's championship win on sunday and with a margin of 25 points, I was wondering has there been any other final where the teams have been separated by such a large margin at the final whistle?

I'm not sure what the biggest was in Down and I can find a list of previous results on our county website but I remember Mayobridge gave Annaclone a bit of a beatin in the championship final in 2005 (?).

GAA_Talk

Quote from: GAA_Talk on October 21, 2011, 02:33:29 PM
In light of Crossmaglen's championship win on sunday and with a margin of 25 points, I was wondering has there been any other final where the teams have been separated by such a large margin at the final whistle?

I'm not sure what the biggest was in Down and I can find a list of previous results on our county website but I remember Mayobridge gave Annaclone a bit of a beatin in the championship final in 2005 (?).

*Can't

armaghniac

Cross scored 22 points, which is a lot for a 60 min football game. Even Cross themselves never got 22 in any championship game in their long run.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fitzroyalty

Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2011, 02:42:55 PM
Cross scored 22 points, which is a lot for a 60 min football game. Even Cross themselves never got 22 in any championship game in their long run.
I'm sure you mean final. Cross have handed out many a beating in Armagh and beyond. That Limerick team comes to mind.

barelegs

The biggest winning margin in a Tyrone Senior Final was in 1951 when Dungannon beat Moortown 3-9 to 0-1. That would be a 17 point win. In recent times Dromore beat Coalisland 0-14 to 0-4 in 2007.

armaghniac

Firstly I mean points, not goals and points. The record is on the Cross website, big Cross scores often involved multiple goals, like 4-12 against Drom-Broadford. While they often got 15 or 16 points only against Clann Éireann in 2005 did they get 20+, scoring 2-21

For what it is worth they lost their next game after Drom-Broadford and while they won Armagh in 2005, it was only by 3 points and they lost out in the first round of Ulster. Lump on St Galls!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

If only!! 5 point win for Cross I'm afraid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

I think Lavey gave Ballinascreen an awful hiding in 1990. The day Paddy McGurk got booked twice.