Where have all the Stoops gone?

Started by Applesisapples, October 21, 2011, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

I tried to ask for opinions on the SDLP leadership on the other SDLP thread but noone responded. Is this because all the SDLP posters have been converted to SF? Or can they not be arsed taking an interest in the election oof a new leader.

Speaking for myself I as a floating voter would like to see the SDLP steal back some of SF's republican clothes, but I can't see Dolores Kelly reinvigorating them. So there is going to be big pressure on the new leader. Who's it going to be? Even the Irish News isn't carrying much on it.

Have we stopped caring about the SDLP?

Evil Genius

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 21, 2011, 12:32:23 PM
I tried to ask for opinions on the SDLP leadership on the other SDLP thread but noone responded. Is this because all the SDLP posters have been converted to SF? Or can they not be arsed taking an interest in the election oof a new leader.

Speaking for myself I as a floating voter would like to see the SDLP steal back some of SF's republican clothes, but I can't see Dolores Kelly reinvigorating them. So there is going to be big pressure on the new leader. Who's it going to be? Even the Irish News isn't carrying much on it.

So you're a "floating voter" then?

Does that mean you don't recognise any "hierarchy of victims parties", then?

Perhaps "no [one politician is] more to blame than the next"?

And doubtless "every single death political defeat is a tragedy"?

P.S. Still waiting.  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

J OGorman

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 21, 2011, 02:09:52 PM

P.S. Still waiting.  ;)

you must be some craic to come home to of an evening....Id say the other half fair chalks up the overtime

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 21, 2011, 02:09:52 PM

P.S. Still waiting.  ;)
You are obviously thick as i have now answered your question twice on the Aras thread. only Unionists believe in hierarchies.

Maguire01

Nally Stand

SDLP Confusion Example #624:
The same day that big Alasdair 'dim those lights' McDonnell stated the upcoming constitutional convention in the south wasn't too important and that he wasn't concerned with how "they" amended "their" constitution; Conall McDevitt tweets "Big year ahead for all Irish people as work of Constitutional Convention begins. Essential that voices of entire nation are heard." Hmmmm.

SDLP Confusion Example #625:
Big Al on Monday: MLAs need a pay increase and better pensions so they won't end up in poverty.
Deputy Leader Dolores: "I am astonished with Alaisdair's comments given that they are not party policy".

And here was me thinking they couldn't have found a worse leader than maggie  :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

DownFanatic

McDonnell is a train wreck. McDevitt is the man for the future.

Applesisapples

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 05, 2012, 11:54:02 AM
McDevitt and McGlone very quiet on bigAl's comments. Not a fan of Dolly but she has shown more balls than those two.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 05, 2012, 11:59:58 AM
McDevitt and McGlone very quiet on bigAl's comments. Not a fan of Dolly but she has shown more balls than those two.

Ohh not to worry. Alasdair says he's sorry. Sort of.

LEADERSHIP.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

He apologised on UTV, but when pushed on the apology by Paul Clarke, I'm not sure he or anyone else knows what he was apologising for...
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 05, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
SDLP Confusion Example #624:
The same day that big Alasdair 'dim those lights' McDonnell stated the upcoming constitutional convention in the south wasn't too important and that he wasn't concerned with how "they" amended "their" constitution; Conall McDevitt tweets "Big year ahead for all Irish people as work of Constitutional Convention begins. Essential that voices of entire nation are heard." Hmmmm.

SDLP Confusion Example #625:
Big Al on Monday: MLAs need a pay increase and better pensions so they won't end up in poverty.
Deputy Leader Dolores: "I am astonished with Alaisdair's comments given that they are not party policy".

And here was me thinking they couldn't have found a worse leader than maggie  :D
I can't believe it took you/lawnseed a full day to report on this - you're slipping up!

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 05, 2012, 11:59:58 AM
She's the Deputy Leader - i'd assume that's why she commented. I'd also assume the others didn't comment as they didn't want to draw any more attention to it.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: ziggysego on January 05, 2012, 06:38:57 PM
He apologised on UTV, but when pushed on the apology by Paul Clarke, I'm not sure he or anyone else knows what he was apologising for...

& by the way, Paul, just for your information, I'm not a doctor any more, so there. I don't get paid as party leader, I'm flat broke, god help me etc etc etc.

ziggysego

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 05, 2012, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 05, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

& by the way, Paul, just for your information, I'm not a doctor any more, so there. I don't get paid as party leader, I'm flat broke, god help me etc etc etc.

and and, I don't get paid for being a father?!?!
Testing Accessibility

playwiththewind1st

Missed that bit - the eyes had glazed over, after listening to his whingeing for a while. What feckin world do these guys live in?