The Thomas Walsh affair

Started by Hardy, March 11, 2007, 06:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Thomas Walsh withdrew his application to the Leinster Council for a transfer from Fenagh (Carlow) to Bray Emmets (Wicklow) when he discovered he had put the wrong address, at which he claims to be residing in Wicklow, on his application form! He has now re-submitted the request with the "correct" address.

I suppose you can't blame him for being confused about where he lives.

The apartment in question, in Greystones, is owned by Ballymore Properties, sponsors of the Wicklow football team. When contacted by the Irish Daily mail, Walsh claimed he owned the apartment, until it was pointed out to him that the registered owner is Ballymore properties. He then said the issue is not ownership but residence and insisted he lived there.

He lives there, but he's just not sure exactly where it is, it seems.

Bogball XV

You'd think he actually line out for Greystones as I think they're doing a lot of work trying to promote the game there, additionally, those Ballymore apartments are right beside the pitch, so it'd been handy for training :D

magpie seanie

This kind of shit should not be allowed. I hope Wicklow get whats coming to them for employing that p***k O'Dwyer.

BallyhaiseMan

I wonder whats the odds on him picking up a kerryman or two as well to play for wicklow before his tenure there runs out  ::)

LaurelEye

Quote from: magpie seanieThis kind of shit should not be allowed. I hope Wicklow get whats coming to them for employing that p***k O'Dwyer.

Looking at the league tables, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Micko and Páidí might yet be slugging it out for the Tommy Cooper Cup.

Here's hoping.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Pangurban

This issue of poachings is as old as the G.A.A. itself, there is nothing can be done about it

Rossfan

Quote from: LaurelEye on March 11, 2007, 09:02:45 PM
Quote from: magpie seanieThis kind of shit should not be allowed. I hope Wicklow get whats coming to them for employing that p***k O'Dwyer.

Looking at the league tables, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Micko and Páidí might yet be slugging it out for the Tommy Cooper Cup.

Here's hoping.

I'm with Laurel and Seanie on this one - Maughan will have  us in there too the overpaid ******* >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LaurelEye

Quote from: RossfanI'm with Laurel and Seanie on this one - Maughan will have  us in there too the overpaid ******* >:(

Yis are in third place. I'd have said as long as yis get a couple of points out of either us or Leitrim or Offaly yis'll be safe from the Cooper.

Leitrim are eminently do-able based on what I saw today. Longford are picking up a lot of injuries at the moment and we don't have a happy history in the Hyde.

By the looks of things, London and Carlow are doomed and I suspect that Leitrim and Clare look like the weakest of the remainder.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Bord na Mona man

Initially when Micko Dwyer (or to give him his correct media title "The legendary Mick O'Dwyer"), took over in Wicklow, I was hoping they'd have a good run in all compeitions and that the GAA's profile in the county would be raised.

Now that the usual shite of taking shortcuts to success has started, I hope the "loveable rogue" and his band of merry men get the shite kicked out of them and this puts a stop to his brand of GAA "evangelism"...or did I mean to say vandalism.

zoyler

Havn't been following this but young lad I know on football sholarship in Dublin says the word is he has the apartment rent free, gift of a motor and will be able to stand his round if hes allowed to drink!

saffron sam2

Think there was an article in the Mail On Sunday (Ireland on Sunday) about this and Joe Brolly was adding his opinion.  Didn't get a chance to read it.  Is it possible to post the articles here?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gnevin

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2007, 07:48:19 PM
This kind of shit should not be allowed. I hope Wicklow get whats coming to them for employing that p***k O'Dwyer.

Yeah like not winning an Leinster title for 123 years , oh wait
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magpie seanie