MARTIN CLARKE SIGNS FOR COLLINGWOOD

Started by banker, October 10, 2011, 09:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banker

Released on the collingwood official website that martin has signed! A sad day for Down and also the entire GAA to lose a classy player like Martin

sans pessimism

Quote from: banker on October 10, 2011, 09:51:30 AM
Released on the collingwood official website that martin has signed! A sad day for Down and also the entire GAA to lose a classy player like Martin
thats a pity
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

HeaveHo

Quote from: banker on October 10, 2011, 09:51:30 AM

Collingwood had to trade draft picks for him with the expansion team Greater Western Sydney. Clarke would have been better off at GWS - he would get to play in most games and would probably get paid 2-3 times what he will be getting at Collingwood. Mind you GWS are certainties for the wooden spoon in 2012 so the footy will be more enjoyable at Collingwood.

NP 76

Sorry to see Martin go but good luck to him . A class act and a nice fella into the bargin . Thanks for the last 2 years Martin

sammymaguire

thats it, we'll take them now in the 1st round of Ulster next May  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

qz

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Magicsponge

That's gonna be a big loss for down and the GAA, hopefully he comes back again. He could have been a great player. It's sad to see talented players leave for Australia but it his choice and best of luck to him

Radda bout yeee

What do the australian spectators make of Clarke? I know irish people see how good he is but in terms of oz people will they jump out of there chair at the news of him signing again or will it just be yeah good to have him back he's a good player?

Jinxy

Quote from: Magicsponge on October 10, 2011, 01:37:33 PM
That's gonna be a big loss for down and the GAA, hopefully he comes back again. He could have been a great player. It's sad to see talented players leave for Australia but it his choice and best of luck to him

Big loss for Down alright.
He's rated much more highly in Ulster than he is in the rest of the country.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 10, 2011, 01:43:47 PM
What do the australian spectators make of Clarke? I know irish people see how good he is but in terms of oz people will they jump out of there chair at the news of him signing again or will it just be yeah good to have him back he's a good player?
He'll have a hard time getting back into the team i'd say.

NP 76

Jinxy as far as i know Clarke is highly rated all over ireland not just in Ulster

nrico2006

Quote from: NP 76 on October 10, 2011, 03:53:58 PM
Jinxy as far as i know Clarke is highly rated all over ireland not just in Ulster

He is highly rated in Down.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

Quote from: Jinxy on October 10, 2011, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: Magicsponge on October 10, 2011, 01:37:33 PM

Big loss for Down alright.
He's rated much more highly in Ulster than he is in the rest of the country.

oh! the 3 province spokeman has spoken....thon chip is weighing you Down

Marty Clarke, some footballer, pleasure to watch and will be missed

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.