Van Morrison song played 10 million times in USA

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, October 06, 2011, 09:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15186967

Van Morrison's 1967 song Brown Eyed Girl has been played more than 10 million times on US radio. Of course, he didn't turn up for the award in London, but anyhow, I agree, Van's got hundreds of better songs than this granny-at-wedding evergreen.

Moondance, Madame George, Domino, Bright side of the road, Days like this, Cleaning windows, for starters.  Any others?

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Main Street

I hope Van has paid his taxes.
Or is he hiding behind the sofa thinking 'oh féck, who could have guessed somebody was counting out loud '

sans pessimism

hope nobody says it to him-probably get a bucket a fucks in their face
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

muppet

MGHU won the ward for the most played instrument in the last year.
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

BennyCake

Was the CD player stuck or something?!  Then again, his bland music would go down well in America, where bland seems to sell by the bucketload. Look at Coldplay. Enough said.

Shamrock Shore

Some auld great stuff on Musik Laden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWwMgByI4m8

Not a Van fan so.....well, there ya go.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mylestheslasher

I believe they are playing his songs over and over at guentanamo bay in between waterboarding and nipple electrode treatment. Senior defence spokesman was quoted as saying it was "brown eyed girl" that forced the inmates to reveal where bin laden was hiding.

BennyCake

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 07, 2011, 07:06:42 AM
I believe they are playing his songs over and over at guentanamo bay in between waterboarding and nipple electrode treatment. Senior defence spokesman was quoted as saying it was "brown eyed girl" that forced the inmates to reveal where bin laden was hiding.

Waterboarding or Van Morrison music - Probably about the same on the torture scale I'd reckon.

seafoid

There is no escaping the muzak. And they play the same shite EVERYWHERE. Elton John is in supermarkets in over 100 countries. You go somewhere foreign for something different and what are they playing in the airport ? Elton f**king John. Do they not have any decent local music? 

theskull1

G-Mac must have grew up on the same street a Van
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

J OGorman

each to their own etc, but anyone who cannot appreciate Van Morrison's music or the man as an incredibly talented songwriter is either a mucksavage or a mucksavage