Van Morrison song played 10 million times in USA

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, October 06, 2011, 09:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J OGorman on October 07, 2011, 11:45:25 AM
each to their own etc, but anyone who cannot appreciate Van Morrison's music or the man as an incredibly talented songwriter is either a mucksavage or a mucksavage

Not particularly fussed on his music, but lots of people are, the number of record sales proves this.
Yes he is a talented songwriter.
But this doesn't take away from the fact that the man is an incredibly dour, sometimes ungrateful gobshit.e. IMHO of course  ;)

Does that make me a mucksavage J OG?  ;)
Tbc....

J OGorman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 07, 2011, 12:25:50 PM
each to their own etc, but anyone who cannot appreciate Van Morrison's music or the man as an incredibly talented songwriter is either a mucksavage or a mucksavage

Not particularly fussed on his music, but lots of people are, the number of record sales proves this.
Yes he is a talented songwriter.
But this doesn't take away from the fact that the man is an incredibly dour, sometimes ungrateful gobshit.e. IMHO of course  ;)

Does that make me a mucksavage J OG?  ;)

negatory good man, negatory..you can see the talent. agreed, Ivan is indeed a dour hooer

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

The Gallaghers were dour and Boyzone/Westlife sold millions of records.  Van Morrison has enjoyed sustained success since the early 60s, critical acclaim, classic albums and sell-out concerts worldwide.  I don't give a  about his apparent demeanour.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Tubberman

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on October 07, 2011, 01:05:57 PM
The Gallaghers were dour and Boyzone/Westlife sold millions of records.  Van Morrison has enjoyed sustained success since the early 60s, critical acclaim, classic albums and sell-out concerts worldwide.  I don't give a  about his apparent demeanour.

Well said.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tubberman on October 07, 2011, 01:13:05 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on October 07, 2011, 01:05:57 PM

Well said.

Indeed well said.
I'm still entitled to call the man's public demeanour as I see it, FAM he's a miserable git!  ;D
Tbc....

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Should that not be 'get'? Or has Donegal moved eastwards, GDA hahahaha

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on October 07, 2011, 01:34:27 PM
Should that not be 'get'? Or has Donegal moved eastwards, GDA hahahaha

Ahhh I see what you did there, very good  ::)  ;D
Nah as you know I'm trying to blend in with these Belfastians gonna take over from within, there are thousands of my comrades here taking their jobs and women and getting them used to travelling to Donegal at least once a year for reconditioning. Then were going to declare North and West Belfast as part of a greater Donegal kingdom in time for 2016 or at least 2092 (well either Centenary celebration will do).
Tbc....

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

seafoid

i saw a similar sentiment expressed about the Pixies the other day.

"if you listen to music and you don't know who the pixies are you deserve a good kick in the groin"

sans pessimism

Oxymoron methinks
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"