Club Final Results?

Started by Oraisteach, March 10, 2007, 11:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Congratumalations Ziggyego old chap. Probably a pretty good sporting weekend all round for you.

Should be interesting to hear how you get on next year when you are playing with the big boys in the big scarey intermediate league.  :)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lecale2

Well done Greencastle. A great achievement for a small rural parish.

milltown row

how many Antrim men on the London Team?

SlimShady

congrats to Greencastle!

ziggy was in some coma going by his posts!!  :D

imtommygunn

Am I missing it - or did someone post who won the intermediate hurling?

There were at least three boys on the antrim team - cushendun, cushendall and loughgiel. Check the antrim site as there's an article on it.

brokencrossbar1

Congratulations to ziggy and Greencastle.  We all know you weren't drunk and were only pretending to keep the street cred up ;)

Hard luck to Coleraine, but it was some achievement for Ardfert.

Hopefully my old buddies will make it 2 from 3 over Kerry counterparts on Saturday.  Tickets arrived today and the buzz is starting in me already, or maybe that is the clatter of Guinnes I had over the weekend ;D

Northside Dub

Does anyone know if you can buy tickets for the games on saturday outside Croker or is it only on ticketmaster.ie?
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

dubnut

Congrats Ziggy, just laughing away at your posts.
Just a few casual drinks to celebrate eh!

ziggysego

Dear oh

Good night's craic. Was going mad around the dancefloor in the Hall last night. I guess it's time to get started on the photos now.
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

First of all well done to Ziggy and congrats to Greencastle and Ardfert on winning the football titles.

I went along to Croker on Saturday evening as a neutral Kerryman and thought it was a great occasion, I know there were less than 7000 at the games but there was a good atmosphere from all 4 set of fans, thankfully all the crowd was condensed into the centre of the lower Hogan so from a player point of view there was a point of focus.

What a proud moment it was seeing those small clubs represented in the stadium they and other clubs had helped to develop. I was actually sitting next to the father of one of the Duagh players and he was a very proud man seeing his son play there. Its over 50 years since a Duagh man playerd in Croke Park I think.

My first look at the place under lights and it looks well if a little eerie looking around at the empty stands. The Hill looks great with seats and though they have a lot of it still to complete it will be good when finished, just a pity they cant leave the seats there permanantly.

I was very impresssed by the junior game. It was end to end stuff right down to the end and Greencastle just about edged it and deserved their win. One point I though annoying was just one minute of extra time played at the end even though there were a few injuries during the second half and I thought the referee should have let the last play finish just when Duagh were in a scoring position.  But I am sure Greencastle will not complain. 

Why was there nearly hour between games, it was a cold evening to be hanging around.

The second game was very error strewn and there was a lot of poor shooting from both sides , but the Goal by Ardfert was enough to keep them in front until the end. It is some achievement winning the All Ireland Junior and Intermediate championships in consecutuve years, and for a team that has risen from Division 5 to Division 1 in the Kerry county league there are really going in the right direction. They play senior football this year in Kerry and it will be interesting to see how they fare.

Martin Ferris was very animated on the sideline, and though not the bainsteior he seemed to be running the show..

Well done again to all involved.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 12, 2007, 03:46:48 PM
I thought the referee should have let the last play finish just when Duagh were in a scoring position.  But I am sure Greencastle will not complain. 

Everyone from Greencastle said the same, but you're right, we're not complaining. In fairness to Duagh, I was chatting to some of their supporters after the game and they felt that the ref should have let it play on, but they felt that Greencastle were the better team and fully deserved our win.

Never had I a prouder day. Seeing my wee brother running out onto Croke Park brought a tear to my eye.

KM, maybe you'll know. What was the "mix up" before throw in? ;)
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

Ziggy dont know it just looked bad really during the kickabout before hand what end to warm up in, Duagh were out first and went straight down the canel end, and then your lads came out got the photo taken and also headed for the Canel end. Thought it was going to get out of hand there for a while thankfully the Duagh lads went for their photo and then headed for the hiill end.

Its crazy they cant toss a coin and get on with it. Probably suited Duagh to warm up at both ends anyway.

Duagh had no tack of a forward and everything went through Dillon their Centre Back and that was their downfall, they won plenty of ball around midfield but could not shoot. But your gang came back into it well and took their scores when they were down by a few points.

A draw would have been fair for Duagh as they did come back well at then end , it was exciting for us neutrals though i was shouting for Duagh at the end, can only imagine what it was like for those like yourself directly involved.

One great thing about both games there was very little dirt and play acting for frees, but the Junior was the better game.

There has to be a winner and fair play again to Greencastle. Now can you do an Ardfert on it and get back there next year!!!

PS dont try typing while pissed...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

UTV showed f**k all
BBC showed Marty and Noel lifting the Cup.

Apparently TG4 is showing the highlights later tonight.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Ziggy, i heard you had a 16 year old make his debut and score the winning point from the sideline.

If so what a debut !

Any truth in it ?

ziggysego

Quote from: Bensars on March 12, 2007, 08:44:02 PM
Ziggy, i heard you had a 16 year old make his debut and score the winning point from the sideline.

If so what a debut !

Any truth in it ?

17 year old ;) Daniel McDermott. A future star for Tyrone?

Testing Accessibility