Tony Baloney

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on October 03, 2011, 09:15:26 PM
So who did the dastardly deed?
The poor black chap Rudy Guede appears to be the scapegoat. His conviction was upheld on appeal but reduced to 16 years.

Minder

Quote from: Orior on October 03, 2011, 09:15:26 PM
So who did the dastardly deed?

There is a fella that was convicted at the same time as them, he had his sentence reduced to 16 years on appeal. I remember reading that the US were putting pressure on the Italians to release her. She did try and blame an innocent man for the murder too, which was nice. Not much craic for Kerchers family.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock Shore

Which will be first?

The 'stolen' sex tape
The Playboy spread
Running for Sinn Fein in 2025 presidential election

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 03, 2011, 09:21:30 PM
Which will be first?

The 'stolen' sex tape
The Playboy spread
Running for Sinn Fein in 2025 presidential election
Certain for something "sexy" within a few years. Look forward to it.

Certainly portrayed as someone who won't lose much sleep for the Kercher family when she's touring the chat show circuit.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

NAG1

Wonderful what a bit of money and a good legal team behind her can do.

nifan

Neither was the daily mail given they put up an article saying she had failed in her appeal, describing the situation and throwing in a few quotes from the prosecution!

HiMucker

In fairness the evidence against her was shambolic.  It must be confusing for jurors when you have leading experts in DNA giving completely different points of view.

Hashtag

Someone give us a brief run-down on how they have got off. I don't want a copy paste job from some newspaper I want it in real person terms. Step up someone.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Hashtag on October 04, 2011, 10:53:16 AM
Someone give us a brief run-down on how they have got off. I don't want a copy paste job from some newspaper I want it in real person terms. Step up someone.

she was white and rich. the one convicted was black and poor (dont really know tbh)  :)

HiMucker

Quote from: Hashtag on October 04, 2011, 10:53:16 AM
The DNA evidence against them was deemed by independent experts to be well below international standards.  That is the amount of DNA evidence on the alleged murder weapon ( there was massive doubt that the knife used as evidence of the prosecution was actually the murder weapon) and the procedures used in collecting and testing this evidence was seriously flawed.
Also the media and prosecution portrayal particularly of Amanda Knox, meant that the defense was able to raise concerns that the police and prosecution were trying to make the shoe fit rather than looking at the evidence with an open mind.
The other bloke that's already doing time for it, was used as a prosecution witness, admitted that he did not see Knox at the house but only heard her voice.  This again was easy for the defense team to rip apart.
Her family also spent a fortune on a PR campaign to combat what they saw as a trial by media in Italy.

All in all its hard to know what bloody happened, but from reading up on a fair bit of the evidence it only seems right that they were acquitted.
They could well be guilty, but judging by there reactions and conduct, and speeches by their family I would have to say I think they are innocent.  Also the Kercher family have not publicly condemned them, which would tell you they just don't know either and feel they have not got justice for their daughter/sister.