Connacht Senior club championship 2011

Started by ross4life, September 26, 2011, 06:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Corofin were lucky but deserving. I can see them winning it out.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ck on November 06, 2011, 07:58:19 PM
Corofin were lucky but deserving. I can see them winning it out.

I'd say Brigid's will be favourites but Corofin are a hoor of an outfit to beat. Even when they don't seem to be playing well they still manage to hang around in games. Did the same today by all accounts. Looked like they were going to be well beaten early and then hit 1-7 without reply out of nowhere.

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

ross4life

Yeah they will be favourites defending connacht champions,all ireland finalists but for me it's a hard game to call corofin's record in connacht is just as impressive as the rossies. From what i understand the final will be played in kiltoom.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on November 06, 2011, 10:53:30 PM
Yeah they will be favourites defending connacht champions,all ireland finalists but for me it's a hard game to call corofin's record in connacht is just as impressive as the rossies. From what i understand the final will be played in kiltoom.

I heard it'd be Kiltoom too, and I'd have expected it to be in the Hyde. As long as Kiltoom has enough capacity to cope with the demands of a provincial final it would make for an even better atmosphere and, weather permitting, a great game.

emmetryan

Really? Feck. Are there any busses from Athlone to there?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

emmetryan

Hmm Google maps says 5 miles from Athlone train station. That's not unmanageable on foot (I've done much, much crazier).

GalwayBayBoy

Is it not a bit odd to have a provincial final literally on the home field of one of the finalists? I presumed the final would have been in one of the provincial county grounds.

Rossie11

Quote from: emmetryan on November 07, 2011, 02:28:50 PM
Hmm Google maps says 5 miles from Athlone train station. That's not unmanageable on foot (I've done much, much crazier).
Its at least 8 miles from athlone

ballinaman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 07, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
Is it not a bit odd to have a provincial final literally on the home field of one of the finalists? I presumed the final would have been in one of the provincial county grounds.
98,04 and 07 Connacht finals  ;)

Rossie11

Emmet Kiltoom is a fairly big parish. Pitch is another few miles past your point on map.
You would easily get a lift hitching I reckon if you walked as far as Mulligans garage (1mile from station)

emmetryan

Ah cheers for the heads up. Yeah I should be able to arrange something if all else fails.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ballinaman on November 07, 2011, 04:24:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 07, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
98,04 and 07 Connacht finals  ;)

yeah and we won one at home as well an unreal day . Thats why i could not understand why ballintubber were  playing in mc hale park ,do you no longer play your games at home any more does it allways have to go to the county grounds 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001