Connacht Senior club championship 2011

Started by ross4life, September 26, 2011, 06:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 14, 2011, 11:19:12 AM
Good luck to Tourlestrane.
+1 Best of luck to Coolaney/Mullinabreena aswell, please God put some pride back in connacht competitions for Sligo..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

HT Tourlestrane 1-05 Glencar/Manorhamilton 1-05 sounds like a good game. In the Intermediate championship Coolaney shipped a bad beating to Melvin Gaels today.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

FT Tourlestrane 1-15 Glencar/Manorhamilton 2-07 & another draw in Galway championship today how many is that now?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mano

Brilliant win for Tourlestrane. Couldn't make it down as the better half is due any day now, had to make do with the radio.
Our forwards were on fire today - we relied on Brian Egan a lot in the Sligo championship but we must have got 7/8 players on the scoreboard.

Sounds like we let in 2 sloppy goals - they will have to rectify that for the next day.
Brigids in the next game and thats a different proposition altogether.

GalwayBayBoy

Yet another draw in Galway to slow things down even more.

Salthill 1-5 Tuam Stars 0-8

galwayman

Yep Galway are in danger again of not completing the championship on time. In fairness this time it was different than other years given all the various cases/objections etc taken out bu Mountbellew.

Galway champs due to play the Mayo champs in 3 weeks time. That means the semi replay has to be played next weekend and final the weekend after. Another draw in semi or final and it won't be completed in time.
Another complication is that Finian Hanley is due to fly to Oz with the Irish Compromise Rules team next week.

Do I recall Bernard Brogan missing out on the Compromise Rules in Oz a few years back due to his club still being involved in the Dublin championship?
Regardless I don't think any one of the 3 Galway clubs left will win Connacht.Corofin will probably win in the end but lose out in Connacht

Don Johnson

Betting:

St Brigids evens
Corofin 9/4
Ballintubber 6/1
Castlebar 15/2
Salthill 11/1
Tourlestrane 12/1
Tuam Stars 20/1

ross4life

Quote from: galwayman on October 16, 2011, 09:39:56 PM
Regardless I don't think any one of the 3 Galway clubs left will win Connacht.Corofin will probably win in the end but lose out in Connacht
Only two years ago more or less the same Corofin team hammered the Mayo Champions in the Connacht final & last year Killererin looked like they had Connacht title won only for a last minute goal by St. Brigid's

For me whoever beats the Galway Champions will win Connacht.

ross4life

Ballintubber back to back Mayo County champs but can they beat the Galway champions?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ross4life on October 23, 2011, 04:56:03 PM
Ballintubber back to back Mayo County champs but can they beat the Galway champions?

Hopefully. They deserve the support of all Mayo people.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Salthill 0-9 Tuam Stars 1-8

The Stars in their first county final since 1995. Real local derby too against Corofin who beat them in 95.

ross4life

Low scoring games in Galway this year, so i take it the final will be next weekend.

galwayman

Yeah I think the final is next Sunday. Neither Tuam nor Corofin are any great shakes though I think myself

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on October 23, 2011, 09:21:47 PM
Yeah I think the final is next Sunday. Neither Tuam nor Corofin are any great shakes though I think myself

Corofin never seem overly impressive but they always tend to grind out wins regardless. Not sure how much life the current team has left in them though. They've been on the go a long while now.

ross4life

So as i expected Corofin win the Galway senior championship

Connacht semi finals next Sunday Nov 6th
Ballintubber v Corofin McHale park
Tourlestrane v St. Brigid's Markievicz Park

P.S well done to Padraig Pearses for progressing into the intermediate Connacht final today.