Brian Dooher Retires

Started by Tubberman, September 23, 2011, 01:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Great player. Did Colm O'Rourke ever ate that hat of his?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ciarrai_thuaidh

At his peak was as effective as any footballer in Ireland...a very good and often under-rated player. Will go down in the annals as a cornerstone of a great Tyrone team.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

red hander

A Tyrone legend.  I had a great view in the Canal End of his point in 2008 ... it was one of the best I've ever seen in an AI Final. A great servant for the county

Radda bout yeee

Man was awesome in his hayday!
Unfortunately felt like he dragged a great career out a couple of years too long!

But that opinion shouldn't detract from some of the memories of a great career in a Tyrone jersey!

furboot

Brian Dooher was the one of the most hard working players I've ever seen - up there !

http://videogaagaa.blogspot.com/p/video-library.html

Olly

A great man with animals too. I had a cat with hiccups and he cured it in 6 minutes by dressing up as a dog.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 23, 2011, 03:44:40 PM
yawn. ill believe it when i see it. them tyrone wans are the worst at stayin retired that ive ever seen!

jordan, oneill, mulligan. Anyone?  ;D

Weren't they the 3 bishops in Father Ted?

mylestheslasher

A great servant to tyrone, hope he enjoys the Sparta time. He has a lot of medals to help him remember the good times.

Club Rossa

Dooher gave all for the Tyrone cause.A true warrior and a hugely inspirational figure.

sawel

Dooher, an outstanding gael, footballer and man.
I heard of a storey when he was training to be a vet in 1996, he was out on a neighbours farm on a call attending a heifer having difficulty in calfing. The job was successful, the new calf however was a little weak on it with it tongue hanging out. The neighbour turned to Brian and said that's the the way you'll be when the Meath men get you on Sunday.
I heard that he is going to be busy next year.
All the best Brian

Rossfan

Best wishes on his retirement.
A hell of a player and Tyrone will not be the same without him.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kerry Mike

A true great in his day, broke Kerry hearts once or three times. I was going to say my mood has improved this week but it hasnt
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

It's extremely difficult if not impossible to put into words the contribution that Brian Dooher has made to football not only in Tyrone but Ireland in general. The example he provided to gaels over an extended period of time both on and off the field and the inspiration he provided is incalculable. He was much, much more than a footballer - a great leader of men and a man I'd loved to have had on my team.

There have been many great men who played Gaelic games. What Brian has provided both on and off the field will ensure that he's talked about when the greats of Gaelic games are being discussed. In the 2008 final, as Kerry men tried their best to hack him down, he skipped past them and scored one of the most outstanding points you're ever likely to see in Croke Park. It will go down as one of my greatest memories of Brian.

Well done Brian. You leave the stage owing nothing to Tyrone and have left a rich legacy. It'll take some man to fill your shoes. We will forever be in your debt.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 23, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
A true great in his day, broke Kerry hearts once or three times. I was going to say my mood has improved this week but it hasnt
:'(
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

GTB

In my opinion I think Tyrone should talk to him about some kind of mentoring role or perhaps a fitness coach, that boy has some engine!

Thanks for the great memories Brian