International Rules 2011

Started by brianboru00, September 20, 2011, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 24, 2011, 08:57:43 PM
sorry for going slightly off topic but was it not common knowledge cluxton turned down playing in the series in the past because he wouldnt fly?not he's away and not a mention of his fear of flying,did they spike his his milk?

Maybe they did a BA Baracus on him!  :D

Bingo

sorry for going slightly off topic but was it not common knowledge cluxton turned down playing in the series in the past because he wouldnt fly?not he's away and not a mention of his fear of flying,did they spike his his milk?

That was the media's view of the events. Was told that he has no more fear of flying that the next man.

heffo

Quote from: Bingo on October 25, 2011, 12:11:32 PM

That was the media's view of the events. Was told that he has no more fear of flying that the next man.

He has always had a fear of flying and missed previous series over it - in the past he'd take sleeping tablets.

Bingo

Quote from: heffo on October 25, 2011, 12:46:11 PM

He has always had a fear of flying and missed previous series over it - in the past he'd take sleeping tablets.

I've been told different - he doesn't like flying but its not a fear as such.

heffo

Quote from: Bingo on October 25, 2011, 12:54:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 25, 2011, 12:46:11 PM

He doesn't do cartwheels when told he's getting on a plane, but has flown for holidays before and has also turned down a place in the IR series abroad because of it.

Bingo

Quote from: heffo on October 25, 2011, 01:51:42 PM

He doesn't do cartwheels when told he's getting on a plane, but has flown for holidays before and has also turned down a place in the IR series abroad because of it.
[/quote]

Thats not a fear of flying in fairness, if it was the case the majority would have the same. I was told otherwise why he missed but thats neither here nor there, he away this time.

BennyHarp

Does anyone know if Premier Sports TV are showing this live? I'm off work tomorrow but it doesn't seem to appear to be on their schedule. Although I'm not a huge fan of the game, I'd watch it if it was on. Cheers!
That was never a square ball!!

GAA_Punter

Behind the scenes video with Tagh Kennelly of the International Rules Australia vs Ireland.
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/video/59803/

nrico2006

Quote from: Throw ball on October 06, 2011, 12:37:48 AM
Personally I would watch the games but not be that concerned if I missed it. The one thing is though I would not pick any Irish playing in Australia. At the very best this game is an honour for GAA players to represent their country and these players are no longer GAA players.

I don't understand why they seem to pick any Irish fella who went over to play Aussie Rules either.  The like of McKaigue, Quinn, Hanley or Touhy are hardly better options than any of the top GAA players at home.  Same goes for Kennelly. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Midman

Waht time is the match on at? RET are showing it at 10 tomorrow night but tthat doesnt seem right, when is it being palyed?

sheamy

Quote from: Midman on October 27, 2011, 03:01:23 PM
Waht time is the match on at? RET are showing it at 10 tomorrow night but tthat doesnt seem right, when is it being palyed?

Is on TG4 from 9am. An feckin abomination but I'll watch it anyway.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 27, 2011, 08:31:23 AM
Does anyone know if Premier Sports TV are showing this live? I'm off work tomorrow but it doesn't seem to appear to be on their schedule. Although I'm not a huge fan of the game, I'd watch it if it was on. Cheers!

Finally found it - for those not in Ireland and can't get TG4, ESPN are showing the game at 4.45 tomorrow evening!
That was never a square ball!!

Jonah

I think it's a great game.
Is it only on TG4?

our_fella

What time is throw in tomorrow at... 9am or 930am?

The Biff

Quote from: our_fella on October 27, 2011, 09:32:46 PM
What time is throw in tomorrow at... 9am or 930am?

Throw-in is 9:45 Irish Time this morning.

And in case you decide to plan ahead, by my reckoning next week's game will throw in at the same time as it's a different timezone in Australia, but we will have switched back to GMT.

For those (like me) working this morning and you can switch easily between your Web Browser and your bosses' Excel list that has to be updated by lunchtime, try this (my Irish is far from fluent but that's a minor detail).

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.