Gym Monkeys and Screen- Discuss.

Started by INDIANA, September 19, 2011, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 21, 2011, 05:11:15 AM
perhaps, but now isn't the time to be settling scores

I can't believe people have missed this Mike being magnanimous!!!!  You're right though the sign of greatness is to be humble in victory and and gracious in defeat.  Indiana is neither.  I think Dublin are worthy winners but it is easy to be turned off by the behaviour of some people. 

Declan

Quotethey were very lucky and should enjoy that luck.

Will you get away outta that - Gilroy even said we got the breaks and in a tight game that can make the difference - To say very lucky is taking away from a fantastic win.

We'll enjoy it alright

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 21, 2011, 03:24:17 PM

I can't believe people have missed this Mike being magnanimous!!!!  You're right though the sign of greatness is to be humble in victory and and gracious in defeat.  Indiana is neither.  I think Dublin are worthy winners but it is easy to be turned off by the behaviour of some people.

That struck me as well, nearly fell off me seat when I read it.  :D Agree with the rest of the post as well.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

if defending my team against scurillous accusations and general begrudgery from one individual is a crime. i plead guilty and i dont apologise for it.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on September 22, 2011, 02:02:13 PM

if defending my team against scurillous accusations and general begrudgery from one individual is a crime. i plead guilty and i dont apologise for it.

Jaysus you're their number one fan now. It was't that long ago since you were having a cut off them yourself. :D

mattockranger

every single inter countyteam are Gym monkeys they have to be they should be proud and embrace being one!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Kickham csc

People are missing the point about the gym monkies 'v' coaching

Any intercounty footballer should have the basic skills, so does he need to be coached in the traditional sense on the skills. He shouldn't.

But at intercounty level, he will need to be able to execute the skills under a high intensty pressure from other players etc. The fitter, stronger they are, the more capable they will be to carry out the drills.

I had the pleasure to watch the All Blacks and Aussies in training a number of years ago, and the physically intensity in there drills was alarming. There was no physical work, just high intensity drills

We asked you of their trainers regarding the absence of fitness work, he stated that the have already run the sh@t out of them for two months, so the have the fitness levels to complete the drills and bring it into the game.

In my opinion, Dublin training schedule fitted into this mind set. They were now fit enough to execute their skills for a full 72 minutes.

INDIANA

Quote from: Kickham csc on September 22, 2011, 06:24:09 PM
People are missing the point about the gym monkies 'v' coaching

Any intercounty footballer should have the basic skills, so does he need to be coached in the traditional sense on the skills. He shouldn't.

But at intercounty level, he will need to be able to execute the skills under a high intensty pressure from other players etc. The fitter, stronger they are, the more capable they will be to carry out the drills.

I had the pleasure to watch the All Blacks and Aussies in training a number of years ago, and the physically intensity in there drills was alarming. There was no physical work, just high intensity drills

We asked you of their trainers regarding the absence of fitness work, he stated that the have already run the sh@t out of them for two months, so the have the fitness levels to complete the drills and bring it into the game.

In my opinion, Dublin training schedule fitted into this mind set. They were now fit enough to execute their skills for a full 72 minutes.

Sense at last. Lend it some of the others. A team with likes of Kevin Nolan, ROC and the Brogans would only be classified as gym monkeys by an idiot.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Biggest gym monkeys in the country by a mile this year were kildare and their complete gym freak mcgeeney, hes a squat freak

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 23, 2011, 08:30:57 PM
Biggest gym monkeys in the country by a mile this year were kildare and their complete gym freak mcgeeney, hes a squat freak

Nonsense.

Kildare are still sticking to Dwyer's tried and tested method of galloping lads into the ground during the cold winter's on the Curragh. For a bit of variety they're brought to Punchestown and popped over a few fences. Our lads don't see an O'Neills until it's thrown in by a referee.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 23, 2011, 08:51:46 PM

Nonsense.

Kildare are still sticking to Dwyer's tried and tested method of galloping lads into the ground during the cold winter's on the Curragh. For a bit of variety they're brought to Punchestown and popped over a few fences. Our lads don't see an O'Neills until it's thrown in by a referee.

U know its true dude................. mcgeeney lives by the squatting method

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 23, 2011, 08:53:34 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 23, 2011, 08:51:46 PM

Nonsense.

U know its true dude................. mcgeeney lives by the squatting method

Incorrect again. I think you'll find he lives by the Liffey up the road in the big smoke.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Under Lights

Anyone got any free weights programmes there.

Thinking of doing this one:
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/#Summary_of_Stronglifts_52155