Eating Houses in Dublin

Started by Tony Baloney, September 12, 2011, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

What about the Manhattan and the Gig's place?? Are they still about? Many's a fine feed I had in both establishments . . . I think! Everything was a bit hazy heading into those places in fairness!

mc_grens

Quote from: screenexile on September 14, 2011, 01:19:27 AM
What about the Manhattan and the Gig's place?? Are they still about? Many's a fine feed I had in both establishments . . . I think! Everything was a bit hazy heading into those places in fairness!

Hard to beat the Manhattan for an ould post Coppers fry up. You've made me pine for the old days Screen... I think I'll go and check this Saturday night. I could only ever find the Place when I was drunk!

Croí na hÉireann

Wine out of a tea pot at 5 in the morning, those were the days.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

worse still when they knew your name and they brought you in ahead of the queue !
Got to the point where I would be looking at the watch in coppers waiting impatiently until 1am and then tell the lads I was off to the manhatten - and if anyone else wanted to join me they were welcome.
if it was not open, then around the corner to giggs spot.
A food-aholic them days !

doesnt help the thread starter though, I think its food before a session he wants !
They had tablecloths in giggs spot though !

Canalman

Can't beat Captain America's on Grafton Street, to the point and reasonable.

More importantly you will have to be out of there in an hour or so, so no "smug" mates ordering bottles of wine etc when serious pinting awaits. Some lads will try anything to stay in a restaurant all night (ok when with a girlfriend) but NOT when out with the lads. Serious problem at stags.

Used also to be a great Indian in South William Street ( I think)....... there used to be a guy with a turban standing outside.

If alll else fails Burgerking will do the job.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on September 14, 2011, 05:37:32 PM
Can't beat Captain America's on Grafton Street, to the point and reasonable.

More importantly you will have to be out of there in an hour or so, so no "smug" mates ordering bottles of wine etc when serious pinting awaits. Some lads will try anything to stay in a restaurant all night (ok when with a girlfriend) but NOT when out with the lads. Serious problem at stags.

Used also to be a great Indian in South William Street ( I think)....... there used to be a guy with a turban standing outside.

If alll else fails Burgerking will do the job.
Burgerking would do the job alright. There's a time and a place for a long meal and plenty of wine but this isn't one of them! We've been trying to hook up every year for about 10 years since we all moved out of the house in Belfast but as most of us are now married and some are living abroad there is always one missing and it's been 8 years since we've all been in the same place at the same time. Pints and craic are the order of the day with 90 mins tops for a decent feed to please the marathon man.