Eating Houses in Dublin

Started by Tony Baloney, September 12, 2011, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Make sure to leave enough in the budget for the "gentlemans parlours"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rois on September 13, 2011, 08:31:51 AM
Going to the Winding Stair on Sat night after half marathon.
Thornton's too fancy for a post-marathon runner.
There's a lovely Asian place behind the Weatbury, Saba - modern and lovely food.
I was in Cliff Townhouse a few wks ago for lunch and it was beautiful.
The Argentinian place is ok in my opinion, I've been in better steak reataurants.
The Cellar Bar of the Merrion hotel is very good and close to Doheny & Nesbitts for post-dinner drinks.
Swap yer doheny and nesbitts for Toners though !!
wife likes the winding stair and it has a great rep - but more of a girly night out place she reckons for whatever reason ! Didnt think that was possible !!
Heard Saba was good.
Buneos Aires in its first month was great- then €15 for a 10oz sirloin steak - couldnt beat that. From what you say it sounds like its no longer as good. Dont know abut the prices either.
btw screenexile -  Darwins restaurant is gone now afaik - certainly no longer in the same spot.

Wagamama not bad.
Just off Molesworth st , 'One pico' is classy and at least used to be excellent - pricey though . White linen tablecloths !

carnaross

Thai Orchid on Westmoreland St just beside the Palace bar.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

glens abu

Rois

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 13, 2011, 10:03:01 AM
Just off Molesworth st , 'One pico' is classy and at least used to be excellent - pricey though . White linen tablecloths !

Haha - there's a group of 8 or 9 girls going to the Winding Stair Sat night. 

Mmmmm had a lovely meal in One Pico.  My favourite place is Chapter One but it is expensive and I have only been when someone else is paying.

I stayed for a few weeks in the Radisson beside the steak house - it was grand, but I've had better.   

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rois on September 13, 2011, 10:26:35 AM
Mmmmm had a lovely meal in One Pico.  My favourite place is Chapter One but it is expensive and I have only been when someone else is paying.
I stayed for a few weeks in the Radisson beside the steak house - it was grand, but I've had better.   
didnt bother mentioning chapter one. You have to book months in advance for a table for dinner - though you might be licky with early bird sitting and same for lunch.
However the food was more arty than anything else. While 'nice' - it struck me as a case of the chef trying to experiement too much to see if veal would go with cashel blue cheese infused banana fritter compote (or some other makey uppy sihte in that vein).
A little less arty and normal would have been better.
Pricey too.
Better off going down the road a bit to the scatter of reasonable yet good aisan restaurants on capel st.

laoislad

You shouldnt be telling us that, there are a lot of perverts on here....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

The Cedar House beside the International Bar.  Also a good Spanish restaurant beside it opposite Enfo.  Surrounded by pubs in easy stumbling distance.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 13, 2011, 10:47:10 AM
The Cedar House beside the International Bar.  Also a good Spanish restaurant beside it opposite Enfo.  Surrounded by pubs in easy stumbling distance.

No more Vagina Tandoori then??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

No changed to Dewali and a terrible beauty was born.  Acapulco just down the road is a no nonsense Mexican restaurant (alas Poco Loco is no more).

All close to Isklanders for the post pub Kebab.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mc_grens

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 13, 2011, 10:57:14 AM
No changed to Dewali and a terrible beauty was born.  Acapulco just down the road is a no nonsense Mexican restaurant (alas Poco Loco is no more).

All close to Isklanders for the post pub Kebab.

Acapulco is good alright. Dylan McGraths new place up the road, Rustic Stone, is supposed to be good. Anyone been yet?

Overthebar!

Mongolian Barbeque is a favourite of mine. Don't think it is licensed either so may be byob. Might not be as fancy as you are looking but if he is looking a good healthy and fresh feed after the marathon then I would try it out.

gallsman

Coppinger Row on, well, Coppinger Row or Green 19 on Camden Street. Great food, good prices.

http://www.coppingerrow.com/

http://www.green19.ie/

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2011, 10:31:51 AM

You shouldnt be telling us that, there are a lot of perverts on here....

That other thread is art not cheap thrills LL, you should know that.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2011, 09:28:50 AM
Make sure to leave enough in the budget for the "gentlemans parlours"
I might mention laoislad's name on the door of Lapello's and see if I can get some discount!

Thanks for the tips fellas. Will get something to please everyone I'm sure. I'm not looking anything too fancy and don't want to waste too long on eating as it's not often I get let off the leash by the missus!