Started by here comes 6, September 05, 2011, 09:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: Cold tea on September 08, 2011, 10:56:16 AM
Quote from: laoislad on September 08, 2011, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2011, 09:50:46 AM
To summarise the best arguments for getting onto the field is that:

A - we always did it
B - we own Croke park and shouldn't be dictated to.

Brillant stuff.

How about this, present it in the stand and the crowd have the respect to stay and watch the winning team lift the cup and acknowledge the winners - not fly out of the stadium to get home or back to the pub.

+1

Fair play, Laois and Monaghan would never storm the pitch.   :D :P

If our players were as keen on the pitch as some supporters to get on it, we'd be alot happier.

But for the record, we even storm the pitch if another game is to be played afterwards. Ask the meath men.

Hardy

Jinxy

A pitch invasion after winning Division 2.
That's so cute.  :)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bingo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 08, 2011, 03:02:38 PM
A pitch invasion after winning Division 2.
That's so cute.  :)

Banty told everyone it was an All-ireland and he pumped his fists so much that people got delirious at the sight of it.

Did Meath invade the pitch after they lost the leinster last year, I know a few Louth men did when they won it  ;)

ross4life

Quote from: Malvinas on September 07, 2011, 07:37:39 PM

The pitch invasion issue is only one of a long line on which the top brass at Croke Park are dictating to, rather than leading the rest of the grass roots players and members. 

Just off the top of my head I can think a long line of examples from this year alone, from the Wexford Goalie being forced to apologise to Clubs being told they need prior authority before live streaming. Before the visit of the Queen all discussion about the visit, either for or against, were banned. Even last week the Drumragh club from Tyrone were prevented from their 15 minutes of fame on the pitch after soloing all the way from Omagh in aid of the Micheala Foundation. And still we have the Hill 16 screens, like something out of an English ground mid eighties.

Paddy Heaney mentioned it yesterday in the Irish News. But Paddy may have to watch himself. Look what happened to Eugene Magee in the Indo when he had the audacity to criticise GAA top brass.

Somebody once memorably said on this board that when they were building Croke Park they told us that we'd be landlords, but once it was up we were mere patrons. In the last couple of years they've branded us trespassers.

Ziggy's totally right in that you meet people on the pitch after an all-ireland that you wouldn't have saw in years. 

People say that the GAA needs a Dubs win, which I think is balls, but if I could be sure they'd make it on to the pitch afterwards they'd have my full support.

I want to be part of a GAA like it was when I was running to Tyrone games with my da and brothers in the 80's, not one which issues dictates reminiscent of Stalinist Russia, makes a fool of one of its players by forcing a humiliating public apology. Not a money hungry corporation that tries to fleece its members for some crap concert on the night before the all Ireland as well as charging them e80 for the actual match the next day, just because they know that most would pay it whatever the price.

I'd been meaning to get something written for ages but only got round to it in the last week or so. See what yous think:

http://www.cowped.blogspot.com/

Here's hoping for Plan B on Sunday week.
Fantastic post! sadly our great game is getting influenced by soccer e.g the prawn sandwich brigade.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 05:14:41 PM
I stood in the Cusack for the presentation in 1999 and I felt it was terribly flat and lifeless.
You can't beat standing underneath the hogan stand with your own people, looking up as the cup is raised.
I've no problem with there being a delay, i.e. 5 mins after the final whistle the gates are opened but I just think it's a great pity that people can't gather together on the pitch.
I agree, let the supporters on but only after the players from both sides have the chance to move somewhere they can celebrate / commiserate without some gob5hite who they don't even know come leppin on them likes he owns them.

heffo

Quote from: LeoMc on September 09, 2011, 11:11:43 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 05:14:41 PM
I stood in the Cusack for the presentation in 1999 and I felt it was terribly flat and lifeless.
You can't beat standing underneath the hogan stand with your own people, looking up as the cup is raised.
I've no problem with there being a delay, i.e. 5 mins after the final whistle the gates are opened but I just think it's a great pity that people can't gather together on the pitch.
I agree, let the supporters on but only after the players from both sides have the chance to move somewhere they can celebrate / commiserate without some gob5hite who they don't even know come leppin on them likes he owns them.

You leave Jinxy out of this!

Jinxy

heffo

Jinxy

Gimme a ticket and I'll stop giving you dead arms.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 10, 2011, 04:17:29 PM
Gimme a ticket and I'll stop giving you dead arms.

I've only a premium left. Will that make you leave me alone for the rest of the school year season?

Jinxy

I don't actually want to go to the match.
I just want to slowly drive around the northside on the day dragging the ticket behind me on the end of some fishing line.

The Worker

If dubs win they will be on the pitch

Denn Forever

Looking at the U21 final tonight, Christy must have hated the halftime entertainment.  It looked like all spectators were on the field.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

here comes 6

This is your big chance ALL DUBLIN people to be loved by the other 31 counties and break down the wall of steel around the 82,000 prisoners.  Gd Luck