PLAN B PLAN B!!!!!

Started by here comes 6, September 05, 2011, 09:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on September 07, 2011, 04:49:13 PM
I thought it was incredibly dead looking after the Hurling Final last Sunday.

The GAA is about it's people and the people want to celebrate their club and county and final day. To me, being on the pitch in 2003, 2005 and 2008 after Tyrone won the All-Ireland was a fantastic experience. It unified us and meant we could all share in the celebrations.

As for the comment about you can meet friends and family on club finals, but not in Croker.... believe me, you do meet them.

So I say, do away with the orange mesh and do away with the glass wall around Hill 16. Let the supporters onto the pitch.

::)
Cop on to yourself would you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Malvinas

The pitch invasion issue is only one of a long line on which the top brass at Croke Park are dictating to, rather than leading the rest of the grass roots players and members. 

Just off the top of my head I can think a long line of examples from this year alone, from the Wexford Goalie being forced to apologise to Clubs being told they need prior authority before live streaming. Before the visit of the Queen all discussion about the visit, either for or against, were banned. Even last week the Drumragh club from Tyrone were prevented from their 15 minutes of fame on the pitch after soloing all the way from Omagh in aid of the Micheala Foundation. And still we have the Hill 16 screens, like something out of an English ground mid eighties.

Paddy Heaney mentioned it yesterday in the Irish News. But Paddy may have to watch himself. Look what happened to Eugene Magee in the Indo when he had the audacity to criticise GAA top brass.

Somebody once memorably said on this board that when they were building Croke Park they told us that we'd be landlords, but once it was up we were mere patrons. In the last couple of years they've branded us trespassers.

Ziggy's totally right in that you meet people on the pitch after an all-ireland that you wouldn't have saw in years. 

People say that the GAA needs a Dubs win, which I think is balls, but if I could be sure they'd make it on to the pitch afterwards they'd have my full support.

I want to be part of a GAA like it was when I was running to Tyrone games with my da and brothers in the 80's, not one which issues dictates reminiscent of Stalinist Russia, makes a fool of one of its players by forcing a humiliating public apology. Not a money hungry corporation that tries to fleece its members for some crap concert on the night before the all Ireland as well as charging them e80 for the actual match the next day, just because they know that most would pay it whatever the price.

I'd been meaning to get something written for ages but only got round to it in the last week or so. See what yous think:

http://www.cowped.blogspot.com/

Here's hoping for Plan B on Sunday week.
"It was a bit of handbags stuff. I suppose the cameras caught it?"

here comes 6

Quote from: Malvinas on September 07, 2011, 07:37:39 PM

The pitch invasion issue is only one of a long line on which the top brass at Croke Park are dictating to, rather than leading the rest of the grass roots players and members. 

Just off the top of my head I can think a long line of examples from this year alone, from the Wexford Goalie being forced to apologise to Clubs being told they need prior authority before live streaming. Before the visit of the Queen all discussion about the visit, either for or against, were banned. Even last week the Drumragh club from Tyrone were prevented from their 15 minutes of fame on the pitch after soloing all the way from Omagh in aid of the Micheala Foundation. And still we have the Hill 16 screens, like something out of an English ground mid eighties.

Paddy Heaney mentioned it yesterday in the Irish News. But Paddy may have to watch himself. Look what happened to Eugene Magee in the Indo when he had the audacity to criticise GAA top brass.

Somebody once memorably said on this board that when they were building Croke Park they told us that we'd be landlords, but once it was up we were mere patrons. In the last couple of years they've branded us trespassers.

Ziggy's totally right in that you meet people on the pitch after an all-ireland that you wouldn't have saw in years. 

People say that the GAA needs a Dubs win, which I think is balls, but if I could be sure they'd make it on to the pitch afterwards they'd have my full support.

I want to be part of a GAA like it was when I was running to Tyrone games with my da and brothers in the 80's, not one which issues dictates reminiscent of Stalinist Russia, makes a fool of one of its players by forcing a humiliating public apology. Not a money hungry corporation that tries to fleece its members for some crap concert on the night before the all Ireland as well as charging them e80 for the actual match the next day, just because they know that most would pay it whatever the price.

I'd been meaning to get something written for ages but only got round to it in the last week or so. See what yous think:

100% CORRECT

orangeman

Good post.

Orangemac

Good blog, hard to disagree with. Only hope top brass were not matching Ireland matches in the last week or we will have Brian Cullen and Colm Cooper reading out speeches before the game about respecting the game etc.

ziggysego

Fantastic post. Agree 100%.
Testing Accessibility

4father

Excellent post, thanks for writing what I've wanted to say for a long long time!

Hill16 Blues

There will be hard core element on the Hill who will try very hard to get on the pitch if Dublin win. As much as I'd like to be on the pitch if Bryan Cullen is lifting Sam definitely don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Would expect GAA have thought about this eventuality and will have 2-3000 stewards with barbed orange mesh fencing, snarling dogs and if necesaary snipers at the top of the Cusack stand to make sure no Dub gets on the pitch at the end  :D

Bingo

To summarise the best arguments for getting onto the field is that:

A - we always did it
B - we own Croke park and shouldn't be dictated to.

Brillant stuff.

How about this, present it in the stand and the crowd have the respect to stay and watch the winning team lift the cup and acknowledge the winners - not fly out of the stadium to get home or back to the pub.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: 4father on September 08, 2011, 12:02:12 AM

Excellent post, thanks for writing what I've wanted to say for a long long time!

+1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2011, 09:50:46 AM

A - we always did it

Brillant stuff.

How about this, present it in the stand and the crowd have the respect to stay and watch the winning team lift the cup and acknowledge the winners - not fly out of the stadium to get home or back to the pub.

+1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2011, 06:42:57 PM
We lost our soul as a nation the day they stopped lads watching the match from the roof of the Nally Stand.

The day they stopped allowing patrons to bring their kids in over the turnstiles was another body blow.

Cold tea

Quote from: laoislad on September 08, 2011, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2011, 09:50:46 AM

A - we always did it

Brillant stuff.

+1

Fair play, Laois and Monaghan would never storm the pitch.   :D :P

Jinxy

I think you mean WILL never storm the pitch.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hill16 Blues

Also it's not right or fair that the kids can't go out on the ptich at half time for a kick or puck around as they can do at all of Dublin's games in Parnell Park!!