Love Libya March

Started by Orangemac, August 30, 2011, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Is it a breach of the Geneva Convention by broadcasting images of his dead body?

ross matt

Quote from: Tubberman on October 20, 2011, 07:44:39 PM
Looks like he was beaten to death by a mob.
Brutal dictator he may have been, but they're not exactly taking a higher moral ground by beating a 70 year old man to death - if that's what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIkck02qao&feature=youtu.be&skipcontrinter=1&noredirect=1

Yeah I agree Tubberman. Thats horrific footage.

CiKe

Quote from: southdown on October 20, 2011, 10:06:00 PM
Is it a breach of the Geneva Convention by broadcasting images of his dead body?

Read a few different quotes giving accounts of events including one where he had been shot in the head. To me it's not even clear that he is dead in that photo, nor that any beating was delivered

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 09:02:03 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 20, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher link=topic=20135.
msg1035349#msg1035349 date=1319139278

Based on what lads, do Ye know anything about the country at all?
Thousands of years of history.

Really, first up I doubt you know anything about libyas history over the last 1000's of years and second, I presume,you have read Irish history so how come we are not like Libya?
How come Ireland didn't up governed by gangsters you mean...

Quit when your only marginally behind and admit your talking out of your hole...

Minder said - "one set of animals replacing another"
balladmaker said  it will descend into "tribe vrs tribe anarchy like Iraq"

You implied you agreed with that which is a bit different than saying we were ruled by gansters.

Minder - I know very little about Libya but I know enough not to make assumption based on a couple of reports on the TV. No doubt some crimes were committed during the conflict but that is the case in every single war - whether it was widespread or not I don't know. What is important now is that the new rulers quickly set up elections which are fair and free and create a democracy. A lot of people on here think that won't happen even though they have absolutely nothing to back that view up with.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 20, 2011, 10:53:39 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 09:02:03 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 20, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher link=topic=20135.
msg1035349#msg1035349 date=1319139278

Based on what lads, do Ye know anything about the country at all?
Thousands of years of history.

Really, first up I doubt you know anything about libyas history over the last 1000's of years and second, I presume,you have read Irish history so how come we are not like Libya?
How come Ireland didn't up governed by gangsters you mean...

Quit when your only marginally behind and admit your talking out of your hole...

Minder said - "one set of animals replacing another"
balladmaker said  it will descend into "tribe vrs tribe anarchy like Iraq"

You implied you agreed with that which is a bit different than saying we were ruled by gansters.

Minder - I know very little about Libya but I know enough not to make assumption based on a couple of reports on the TV. No doubt some crimes were committed during the conflict but that is the case in every single war - whether it was widespread or not I don't know. What is important now is that the new rulers quickly set up elections which are fair and free and create a democracy. A lot of people on here think that won't happen even though they have absolutely nothing to back that view up with.
Great advice myles, I doubt anyone in Libya thought of that. The new Libyan PM will be on the phone anytime!   :D

screenmachine

I'd say he took a fair trimming to be fair.  He didn't end up in that state by falling of his bicycle.  Who's to say we won't see similar pictures in the future when the 'good guys' that the US, UK and Nato have installed turn bad.  They'd be better of left to their own devices to an extent as the people who ultimately decide who goes into power has no real grasp of the country, traditions and volatile nature of the population.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenmachine on October 20, 2011, 10:59:45 PM
I'd say he took a fair trimming to be fair.  He didn't end up in that state by falling of his bicycle.  Who's to say we won't see similar pictures in the future when the 'good guys' that the US, UK and Nato have installed turn bad.  They'd be better of left to their own devices to an extent as the people who ultimately decide who goes into power has no real grasp of the country, traditions and volatile nature of the population.
He looks like he "fell down the stairs" in Castlereagh Holding Centre.

CiKe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 11:01:22 PM
Quote from: screenmachine on October 20, 2011, 10:59:45 PM
He looks like he "fell down the stairs" in Castlereagh Holding Centre.

If he caught a bullet in the head as some reports say then what do you expect? I didn't see him being struck or beaten in that video, again not to say it didn't happen but think some of ye are jumping to conclusions

mylestheslasher

When you have nothing to say stick up a smiley, eh tony.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 20, 2011, 11:13:18 PM
Any word from Jibril yet? You sorted Egypt, Tunisia and Syria so you're obviously the "go to" man for this carry-on. Wee bit of work still to do on Israel and Gaza but I have faith in you. Keep fighting the good fight comrade.

balladmaker

QuoteNot pleasant to watch, that footage of Gaddafi. I know the man deserves no sympathy given his own record for violence, but I still found it hard to watch.

Same here, no matter who they are, it is always difficult to watch someone in what you know to be the last minutes of their life.

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 11:23:02 PM
Any word from Jibril yet? You sorted Egypt, Tunisia and Syria so you're obviously the "go to" man for this carry-on. Wee bit of work still to do on Israel and Gaza but I have faith in you. Keep fighting the good fight comrade.
Tony

Have you ever travelled outside Ireland ?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on October 20, 2011, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 11:23:02 PM
Tony

Have you ever travelled outside Ireland ?
Look what the cat dragged in. No, I think you're the only person to have ever travelled outside Ireland.

What the f**k has that got to do with anything?!

balladmaker

It's the total hypocrisy of Cameron which gets me ... has he forgotten how the UK courted Gadaffi only 4 short years ago!  W**kers the lot of them

Tony Baloney

Quote from: balladmaker on October 20, 2011, 11:29:27 PM
It's the total hypocrisy of Cameron which gets me ... has he forgotten how the UK courted Gadaffi only 4 short years ago!  W**kers the lot of them
Aye they're all the same. Cosy up to all sorts of despots when it's convenient to do so. They'll be rubbing their hands at the thought of oil for arms.