Love Libya March

Started by Orangemac, August 30, 2011, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Can we Fenians sue the Brits and the South Africans for all the weapons supplied from UDR and Apartheid-era scumbags to their loyalist mates?

Groucho

Quote from: haveaharp on October 20, 2011, 06:07:04 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 20, 2011, 04:38:06 PM
Still thing it hypocritical for someone representing any nation or people when they come out with statements celebrating Gaddafis death.  Just seems strange that in an era where everything should seemingly be sorted and handled peacefully or through a legitimate justice system that certain influential people in power voice their happiness at his death - not really the example to be setting.  You would love to know what goes on behind the scenes as I doubt he was ever going to live.  Would there have been an order to kill him no matter what and how much involvement/say so would the UN, US or UK have had?  Easier to kill the man than let him live and reveal dirty secrets.

Hypocrisy indeed from Cameron talking about the Libyan semtex sent to the IRA

www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2005/jun/12/uk.hearafrica05

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1373444/Libya-The-dirty-secret-UK-arms-sales-Gaddafi.html

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Tubberman

Looks like he was beaten to death by a mob.
Brutal dictator he may have been, but they're not exactly taking a higher moral ground by beating a 70 year old man to death - if that's what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIkck02qao&feature=youtu.be&skipcontrinter=1&noredirect=1
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Minder

Quote from: Tubberman on October 20, 2011, 07:44:39 PM
Brutal dictator he may have been, but they're not exactly taking a higher moral ground by beating a 70 year old man to death - if that's what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVIkck02qao&feature=youtu.be&skipcontrinter=1&noredirect=1

I would say it is one set of animals replacing another.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tubberman

Quote from: Minder on October 20, 2011, 07:53:01 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on October 20, 2011, 07:44:39 PM

I would say it is one set of animals replacing another.

Depressing, but probably true.

balladmaker

QuoteI would say it is one set of animals replacing another.

Very true ... and only a matter of time before the whole of Libya descends into tribe vs tribe and complete anarchy just like Iraq.

And only a matter of time until whoever comes out on top is courted by the UK and US governments, just as Gadaffi was a couple of years ago! 

mylestheslasher

Based on what lads, do Ye know anything about the country at all?

Minder

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 20, 2011, 08:34:38 PM

I haven't been following it as closely as some of our Middle East experts here but i read about the capture and torture, lynching of some pro-Gaddafi forces and according to Amnesty International some were mistakenly tortured and killed as they were not fighting for Gaddafi but the fact they were black sealed it for them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Thousands of years of history.

seafoid

It doesn't look like it. Libya seems to be in the same league as  China. Full of barbarians with none
of the sophistication and poise of Portadown in mid July.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher link=topic=20135.
msg1035349#msg1035349 date=1319139278

Really, first up I doubt you know anything about libyas history over the last 1000's of years and second, I presume,you have read Irish history so how come we are not like Libya?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 20, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2011, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher link=topic=20135.
msg1035349#msg1035349 date=1319139278

Really, first up I doubt you know anything about libyas history over the last 1000's of years and second, I presume,you have read Irish history so how come we are not like Libya?
How come Ireland didn't up governed by gangsters you mean...

Tubberman

I notice david cameron remembered the IRA victims killed by libyan semtex. That won't do mcguinness any favours  :D :D

screenmachine

As someone pointed out earlier, would Geoffery and his cohorts be so obliging and willing to put their weight behind compensation claims for victims who were killed by weapons supplied by the UDR, British Army or South African regimes? I'd imagine not. Sickens my hole listening to dickheads with selective memory. Yes the victims of the IRA who were killed by Gadaffi's semtex deserve compensation but so does all the other victims of state collusion, etc.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Myles Na G.

Not pleasant to watch, that footage of Gaddafi. I know the man deserves no sympathy given his own record for violence, but I still found it hard to watch.