All-Ireland Senior Football final - Kerry v Dublin 18/09/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

I think we are fooked. Was over on reservoirdubs.com and its plain that the Dubs really want this more than we do.

Hopefully our experience will see us over the line.

Orangemac

While Dublin as a whole are undoubtedly hungrier for Sam than Kerry, I don't think the competitiveness in the likes of the O'Ses and Cooper etc can be overlooked. These men hate to lose any game regardless of what they have won in the past. I have saw interviews with Dara O'Se where he remembers more clearly the defeats than the victories.

If Kerry break even at midfield they have cuter/more intelligent forwards than Dublin. One of the main differences between Tyrone/Kerry and the rest over the years is shot selection. Kerry won't panic, they will work the ball into the best position to shoot in comparison to the wild shooting from all angles of Dublin v Donegal.

If Dublin could manufacture space they have the pace to run the legs off Kerrys defence but whisper it quietly Kerry may actually have more than 6 defenders in their own half (I know it goes against everything they stand for) and they will be prepared for this.

jas376

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 15, 2011, 07:24:05 PM
Breaking news: change at centre half back for the Kingdom.

Eoin Brosnan is out

Yeah, right! The usual mind games.

rrhf

The two m,opst deserving teams in Ireland have made the final in 2011.  Dublin because they host the party and Kerry because they beat Limerick 4 times to reach the final. 
Seriously though Good luck to both teams and sets of supporters and may the best team win.  I must admit If the Dubs can keep Kerry close I fancy them, but this Kerry team, are capable of putting distance between themselves and anyone.   Heres hoping for a cracker! 

Kerry Mike

QuoteMuch the same for Monday's (potential) victory parade to the Mansion House.

beep beep beep beep

Back that bus into the Shed there Anto, we won't be needing it.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Croí na hÉireann

Think Kerry will sneak it by a couple of points, although goals could scupper this prediction. Dublin have only conceded 2 goals all year IIRC but Kerry have been creating lots of goal chances and I fancy them to take 1. Dublin will create their fair goal chances down the other end but Kealy is an excellent shot stopper so Dublin to sneak 1 as well.

Much has been made of the age of the Kerry backs, tell a Kerry man they aren't up to it any more and they will show you that they can, I expect big games from them.

Gilroy was too slow to make changes the last day so Kerry have the edge on the line as well.

Right call to leave Galvin on the bench too. Although he made an impression in the semi final I thought he looked heavy legged at times and Donnacha Walsh's energy is better used at the start.

Dublin have to do onto Kerry what teams do to them, be there or thereabouts entering the last 10 minutes and hope you pull through. Feel there's a big game in Connolly and McMenamin to make another big impact when he comes on. Biggest game will come from Kieran O'Leary I feel, Dublin will put their weakest defender (Fitzsimmons) on Kerry's perceived weakest attacker (O'Leary) and O'Leary has been playing well all summer, the form of Gooch has kept him below the radar.

Hope it's a good game above all else, only 13 hours to go, can't wait.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Declan

AI final morning and suddenly realised that really we shouldn't bother turning up today at all. Kerry have the tradition, best players of all time and we only have 2 scoring threats who can be handled easily by lads who know how to win games. If we keep it down to a 10 point loss we'll be doing well. Class and pure football skill will always beat hard work and commitment and character and although we might huff and puff for a while the Kingdom will be restored to their rightful place at the top of the heap ;) ;)
Bookies are usually spot on so Kerry 4/6 and Dublin 9/4 sums it up really. Just hope the weather stays fine and we don't get too wet.

5 Sams

Quote from: Declan on September 18, 2011, 10:22:04 AM
AI final morning and suddenly realised that really we shouldn't bother turning up today at all. Kerry have the tradition, best players of all time and we only have 2 scoring threats who can be handled easily by lads who know how to win games. If we keep it down to a 10 point loss we'll be doing well. Class and pure football skill will always beat hard work and commitment and character and although we might huff and puff for a while the Kingdom will be restored to their rightful place at the top of the heap ;) ;)
Bookies are usually spot on so Kerry 4/6 and Dublin 9/4 sums it up really. Just hope the weather stays fine and we don't get too wet.

Bleedin yerra!!
The Aristocrat Years

lynchbhoy

with Dublin flooding the defence with their strategy like the one mayo used in the first 25 mins of the semi final, it will be hard for kerry to score- unless from long range and the wet day wont suit long range points to open up a defence.
Not sure if Flynn will play and he will be a big loss to Dublin. Still they need a few points from their half forward line if they are to win. I believe they will by one or maybe two.

omagh_gael

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

The ball is in hopefully it's as good of game as the minor one.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open